Spongmonkeys Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lundberg, Jason Erik » Spongmonkeys « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 07:27 pm:   

Okay, do these things freak anybody else out? I swear every time I see them in that Quizno's commercial, I have nightmares. Janet sez, "Cloning gone wrong!" She also thinks they're cute and funny, though not the kind of rodents she'd want to keep around the house.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 11:55 am:   

You know, at first, I hated that commercial, but now I can't get that stupid song out of my head..."They got a pepper barrrrr..." That's some pretty good advertising savvy, something that people will remember.

Hey, here's a good topic starter: what commercials have stuck out in your mind or made a lasting impression? One I can think of is actually a European commercial for this face cream. In a bit of reverse-advertising, it actually exploits what the product won't do. This attractive girl is riding a squeaky bicycle, and she stops and puts some of this cream on the chain and spokes; then she gets on an rides away, and the squeaking is still there. Ergo, the face cream is not greasy.

Okay, now you.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 08:59 am:   

I like the John West commercial where the fisherman kicks the grizzly bear in the nuts to steal the fish! YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 07:25 pm:   

I haven't seen that one, Cornelis, but I'm sure I'd laugh my head off. There's one that just started airing for a home security system, and it's illustrated by a black-and-white Lassie takeoff, where a mountain lion comes down and threatens Timmy, but Lassie jumps up and starts doing some Matrix-like kung-fu, and the mountain lion runs away. Pretty funny.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 02:03 am:   

Sounds nice! Unfortunately they don't really air American commercials here in Dutchland! :-(

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:05 am:   

A good one about mouthwash: a woman turns to her husband in bed after waking up and says, "Why don't you want to kiss me in the morning?" and her husband replies, "Well, because your lips are so close to your breath."

John Klima
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 12:04 pm:   

Have fun!

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/?link=top

good luck finding time to do anything!

JK

John Klima
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 12:23 pm:   

BTW, the Sponge Monkeys are from the same guy who gave us the Viking Kittens.

JK

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 08:21 am:   

Thanks for the link, John. I think that page deserves some serious time set aside to view it all. Man.

And I didn't put together the Spongmokeys with the Viking Kittens until you said so. I remember literally howling with laughter with tears streaming down my face at seeing those cute pillaging kitties to the soundtrack of Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 02:43 pm:   

There's a great FedEx commercial right now where these three guys in a mail room overact and dramatize delivering packages in a very Shatner-esque manner. "We've got to get this package out tonight or we're all doomed!" "Doomed!"

Hilarious.

J. Erik Lundberg
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 11:51 am:   

Some of my favorite commercials right now are being done by the car insurance company Geico. They start out looking like commercials for other products or TV shows: the Old Navy parody of trendy-looking campers on an obviously fake set designed to look like a campground, complete with a guy in a bear suit; the cereal commercial with a cartoon leopard; and my favorite, the promo for a reality-based TV show called "Tiny House," where newlyweds have to live in a half-scale house for a whole year.

The commercials are so convincing (the text fonts and the actors for "Tiny House" in particular) that at first you think they're legitimate. But then you find out that whatever product is the focus of the commercial won't save you money on your car insurance.

Bloody brillant.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register