New stuff Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lundberg, Jason Erik » New stuff « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 10:50 am:   

My story "Jury Duty" has apparently just been posted online at the Eggplant Literary Production's Library. The site is a cool one, full of Borgesian excerpts of books or recipes (or in my case, a journal entry written in the margins of a magazine) that never were. They bought the story back in July, I believe, but it's just now that it's been posted, and they didn't even email me to let me know it was there. Ah well, now I know. Go check it out.

And for some more free fiction, check out my story "Night Off" over at the very cool Fantastic Metropolis. It's the first story in my chapbook Four Seasons in One Day, and destined to be a Christmas classic!

Jamie Rosen
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 06:43 am:   

Jason -- I thought "Jury Duty" was great. I tried to e-mail you saying as much, but couldn't get past the interface on your website to figure out how.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 10:21 am:   

Hi Jamie. Glad you liked "Jury Duty"; I wrote that one while waiting for, coincidentally, jury duty last year. The easiest ten dollars I ever made (the publication sale, not jury duty, which paid a pittance). Those Eggplant people are all right.

I'm not sure why you couldn't email me through the site; the link is a standard mailto, and should have defaulted to whatever email program you use. But that's why I'm glad this board has been set up here. Thanks for the kind words!

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 01:51 pm:   

Okay, here's the illo that accompanies my story. Not very big, but I kinda like it. The story is supposedly found in the margins of a magazine about rutabagas, and there it is on the left.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 07:54 pm:   

My story "King of the Traffic Lights" was just accepted and posted by Americana, a cool arts journal run by by alma mater. Happy reading.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 12:22 pm:   

My naughty story "Skin Flute" is now up at the newly-revised erotica fiction zine Fishnet.

And I just received word today that my story "Songstress," published in Electric Velocipede no. 5, has garnered an honorable mention in the newest Year's Best Fantasy and Horror! Yay!

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 11:12 am:   

Congrats! It was a way-cool story. Well deserved on the mention. I'll have to scare up a copy for myself and do some research.

JK

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 08:39 pm:   

Thanks, John! Double thanks for publishing the story! Mr. Kanaly's story from that issue also got an HM.

J. Erik Lundberg
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 02:18 pm:   

I just realized I haven't posted here in a while, and I have a few new things to tell y'all about.

I had two interviews that recently went up at Strange Horizons, one with The Fourth Circle author Zoran Zivkovic and one with Big Fish author Daniel Wallace. They're the only real interviews I've ever done, and I'm glad they found a home with the nice folks at SH.

My short story "Ghost Dancing" (which originally appeared in Four Seasons) should hopefully be appearing soon in the Serbian fiction magazine Znak Sagite. I won't be able to read it, but it'll be pretty to look at.

The editing for Scattered, Covered, Smothered is going well, and we've received a lot of submissions. Only eight days left to submit!

J. Erik Lundberg
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 05:53 am:   

I just found out that my mosaic flash story "The Artists Pentaptych" was a finalist in the NCSU Short-Short Story Contest. There were 16 finalists out 207 entries, so I feel pretty good about myself.

As a nice consolation, however, the story was just accepted for publication in the December/January issue of Lone Star Stories. Yay!

Also, my paper "A Lull in the Conversation" has been accepted for ICFA-26, so it look like I'll be going down to Ft. Lauderdale in March to present it to some nice academic people.

J. Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 07:46 pm:   

I also recently found out that my story "Solipsister" has been accepted for Electric Velocipede no. 9, which will most likely appear in Fall 2005. Yay!

J. Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 08:27 pm:   

"The Artists Pentaptych" went live today at Lone Star Stories. Go. Read. Yeehaw!

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, December 06, 2004 - 08:50 am:   

My YA fantasy story "Watersnake, Firesnake" will be appearing in Claw & Quill sometime in the near future. Yay! Woo! And so forth!

J. Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 01:12 pm:   

I did a major redesign of my website this weekend, trimming off all the fat and extraneous material, and leaving a slim and trim layout.

Go, look, be amazed.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 09:28 am:   

My story "One Less" was accepted and published today by Americana, NCSU's online monthly literary journal.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 09:07 am:   

Wow, I haven't updated here in a long time. So here goes...

Fiction

"The Artists Pentaptych" has been nominated for the Fountain Award.

"Hair" was published at Americana.

"Enlightenment" will be reprinted at Infinity Plus.

"Reality, Interrupted" will appear in the Fall 2005 issue of The Third Alternative. I'm hugely excited about this one. Not only is it my first professional sale, but TTA is one of my favorite magazines.

Non-Fiction

"The Old Switcheroo: A Study in Neil Gaiman's Use of Character Reversal" was sold to Strange Horizons, and it will be reprinted in The Neil Gaiman Reader.

"A Lull in the Conversation: Embedded Narrative in the Fiction of Kelly Link" was presented at ICFA-26 last month in Ft. Lauderdale.

"Two Cranes in One Day" was just published at the very cool Anna Tambour's Virtuous Medlar Circle.

Whew.

I also recently successfully defended my Master's thesis, Lies and Little Deaths, and hope to shop the collection around soon. I'm writing three brand-new stories for it, and hope to be done by the beginning of June.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 10:03 am:   

Here are links to some of the aformentioned sales:

"Enlightement" at Infinity Plus

"The Old Switcheroo" at Strange Horizons

The Third Alternative issue 42, the last issue of TTA ever, containing my story "Reality, Interrupted," should be available in the next few weeks.

Electric Velocipede issue 9, which contains my story "Solipsister," should be available in August.

That is all. End of line.

Brendan
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:04 pm:   

TTA is going out of business? What is the story?

ABV
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:21 pm:   

TTA is not going out of business. Andy Cox is changing the name of the magazine. That's all.

Ann V.

uninformed
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:24 pm:   

To

Black Hole
Black Stole
Black Ole
Black Vision
Black Foyer
Black Head

or something like that.

Brendan
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 02:06 pm:   

Ahh....

Thanks for the clarification.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 09:46 pm:   

Black Static, actually.

The full story is here:
http://www.ttapress.com/discus/messages/4/1343.html?1118775903

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   

Once again, a nice big absence between updates. Here's the latest skinny:

The Third Alternative no. 42 arrived in my mailbox in July, anchored by my story "Reality, Interrupted," with a kick-ass illustration by Mike Bohatch. It also includes wonderfully dark fiction from Paul Meloy, Doug Lain, Elizabeth Bear, Matthew Francis and Darren Speegle. You can order the issue at the TTA website.

Electric Velocipede no. 9 will be hitting mailboxes next week, after a very successful showing at WorldCon in Glasgow. Along with my story "Solipsister," included is fiction by Hal Duncan, Mark Rich, Mark Tiedemann, Jay Caselberg, Jonathan Laden, Anna Tambour and Neil Williamson. Because of the big-time buzz surrounding all things Duncan, due to the incredible critical reaction to his novel Vellum, copies of EV9 are being sold for up to $40 on eBay in the UK, though John Klima will be happy to sell it to you for less at the EV website.

"One Big Crunch" was published last month at OPi8.com: New Dark Culture, with an illustration by my good friend Jamie Bishop.

"Ghost Dancing," which first appeared in the chapbook Four Seasons in One Day, was posted on my website under a Creative Commons license.

And I got interviewed...twice! The first one was by the aforementioned Jamie Bishop in audio format, and it was posted at The Spoken Alexandria Project in April; you can download it as an mp3 podcast. The second interview was done by Wendy Lemus for The Cary News, as part of an article about Two Cranes Press, called "Riding the 'slipstream'."

Whew! I think that's it for now. As always, the best way to keep up with my shenanigans is over at my LiveJournal.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 07:32 pm:   

Electric Velocipede no. 9 has sold out of its print run, pals and gals, due to intense interest. But fear not! If you weren't lucky enough to get a copy, John Klima has posted all of the fiction from the issue at the EV website, including my own meager contribution, "Solipsister."

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 09:44 am:   

In case you weren't able to grab a copy of The Third Alternative no. 42, you will soon be able to read my story, "Reality, Interrupted," which anchored the issue. Keith Brooke has kindly accepted to reprint the story on Infinity Plus, sometime in January or February. I'll link to it here when it goes up.

Eric Marin
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 11:51 am:   

Congratulations on the reprint, Jason!

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 09:24 am:   

Thanks, Eric!

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 09:42 am:   

"Reality, Interrupted" is now available to read at Infinity Plus.

"Night Off" was podcasted recently at Escape Pod, read by Stephen Eley.

"Enlightenment" and "Songstress" will be anthologized in Voices: New Media Fiction, a podiobook anthology edited by Mur Lafferty, to be released in March 2006.

And my appreciation of Andy Duncan's "The Pottawatomie Giant" is now online at Dave Schwartz's ED SF Project.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 09:45 am:   

I've also done a couple more interviews:

Tobias S. Buckell Online, January 26, 2006. Conducted by Tobias Buckell. Newsletter and blog.

I Should Be Writing, December 11, 2005. Conducted by Mur Lafferty. Audio podcast.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register