Greetings and salutations! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Lundberg, Jason Erik » Greetings and salutations! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 06:55 pm:   

Welcome to my little dusty corner of the Night Shade board! Many thanks to the groovy and inimitable JeffV for setting this up for me. For those of you who have absolutely no idea who I am (and you are many), here's a little about yours truly:

I once read all of Stephen King's The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and got shot at in the same afternoon. My fiancée is artist and writer Janet Jia-Ee Chui, whom I met at Clarion in 2002. We'll be getting married in March of 2004 at a cool Southern mansion in North Carolina. I sometimes collaborate with Jamie Bishop, who's the very cool son of this guy. My fiction has appeared (or will appear soon) in cool places like Electric Velocipede, Intracities, Fantastic Metropolis, Eggplant Literary Productions' Library, and Polaris.

At the 2003 World Fantasy Convention in Washington, D.C., I launched Four Seasons in One Day (a chapbook with Janet Jia-Ee Chui of fiction, artwork and poetry) at the small press party on Saturday night. Find out more about the chapbook and the other ventures of Two Cranes Press elsewhere at this board.

I'm a Libra and like long walks on the beach. And like every other author online, I have a website and a journal.

So come on in! Wipe your feet, hang up your coat, and stay for a while.

John Klima
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:06 am:   

Greetings! Glad to see you here!

JK

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:28 am:   

Curious about more of your work! Good to see you on the msg-board!

Cheers!

Theodora Goss
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 08:11 am:   

Hi Jason! I, too, am a Libra. Or should that be I, two, am a Libra? Sometimes I like to take long walks on the beach, but then, on the other hand . . . Very nice to see you again at World Fantasy! Dora

des
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 10:50 am:   

Hi, Jason, great to see your thread. I'm a Capricorn.

Andreas Black
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 11:27 am:   

Hiya, Jason! Glad to see you've set up shop here.

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 12:33 pm:   

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Welcome!

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 02:34 pm:   

Hey John! Glad to be here.

Hey Cornelis! Glad you've taken an interest in my work.

Hey Dora! Actually, I think the last time I took a long walk on the beach was two or three years ago. I mostly like to just stay home and snuggle with my sweetie; or will, once she gets here. Will you be going to WisCon or is that too close to your due date?

Hey Andreas! I'm glad the nice Night Shade folks gave me the space.

Hey Nick! Yep, I've just lowered everyone else's property values. Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!

Greetings, everyone!

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 02:36 pm:   

And hey Des! Keep up the great work with Nemonymous.

Trent
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:23 pm:   

Keanu Reeves? Dude, you put that man to shame! You're even sexier than Ralph Macchio or Ellen DeGeneres or Quark or Lou Ferrigno all in green or Genghis Khan on a bad hair day or Lucille Ball covered in meringue pies.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 07:04 pm:   

Thanks, Trent. I know I can always count on you for a little ego-boo.

(Btw, for those of you confused, Trent's responding to this journal entry.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 03:46 am:   

Welcome to the coolest playground and procrastination area for writers around! Looking forward to lots of pithy and fiery discussions here.

I'm a Gemini, and so am I.

Rhys
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:07 am:   

Greetings Jason!

I'm also a Libra: can't think of any jokes about that particular constellation though.

Best wishes to you for 2004 and beyond!

Theodora Goss
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:41 pm:   

Response to your question many posts ago: I dunno yet. She's supposed to arrive (by stork, right? I understand that's the traditional mode of transportation) around ICFA. Having never done this before, I'm not entirely sure what we'll be capable of a month after :-).

LeslieWhat
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 10:51 am:   

Hey, Jason. Thanks for inviting me in. But in Oregon we have so much mud it's simpler just to wear wool socks and take off our shoes at the door.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:54 pm:   

Hey Mike! I'm glad you and yourself are both Geminis. I'll try to make sure to be both pithy and fiery for both of you.

Hello Rhys! Wow, a lot of Libras on this board. Best wishes to you too; I'm really looking forward to your upcoming Album Zutique contribution.

Actually Dora, I think they come by South African endangered condor now; those storks were getting too uppitty for the job, and most of them were always hammered (if cartoons have taught us anything). And wow, your baby's almost due! You're going to be a mommy!

Hey Leslie! You're always welcome here, and feel free to take off your shoes if that makes you feel better. Janet's started getting me in that habit anyway. You also need to bring some more fun trinkets; I still have the little monster that shoots sparks from its mouth when you roll it across the floor that you gave me at Clarion. He sits on my computer monitor, threatening to breathe fire down on me if I don't write.

ben peek
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 04:24 pm:   

hello jason, i too am a libra.

i like long walks and monkeys, quite often at the same time because long walks can be kinda slow without a monkey.

all the best.

Rudi
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 05:34 pm:   

Hi Jason--

Nice place you've got here! I look forward to pleasantly scrolling away many precious hours of writing time on future threads :-)

>>And like every other author online, I have a website and a journal.

Hmm... I've got a website, however, since my blog consists largely of Trent pretending to be me, I'm not sure it really counts.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 11:12 am:   

Hey Ben! You're right, it's fun to take a long walk with a monkey, especially while in Bali. And welcome to another Libra!

Hey Rudi! I'll try to provide as much procrastination as you can handle. And you need to smack Trent. At least he's pretending to be someone cool.

ben peek
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 03:12 pm:   

those are some nice monkeys. a pity they don't have those little hats on, though...

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 07:31 pm:   

I tried to put a hat on one of them, but it started shrieking and jumping up and down, and then it ripped my arm off. They don't really care for the hats, I discovered.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 07:32 pm:   

They do, however, have absolutely no compunction about scratching their balls in front of you.

ben peek
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 03:47 pm:   

shame about the arm, and to think, they went and scratched their balls next. the teasing buggers. anyhow, i feel, ebing that we humans are the top monkey, that the little monkey has no say over the hat it gets to wear.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 01:13 pm:   

Thanks for the sympathies, Ben, but the arm grew back a couple of weeks later. No worries.

If you feel it is your prerogative to have say over putting hats on little monkeys, you go ahead and do it, and I'll be to the side with my camera as your arm gets ripped off.

ben peek
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 02:27 pm:   

fair enough. those arms grow back, and hey, maybe i can grow three or four...

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 07:34 pm:   

My, the strange turn this board has taken. Isn't this supposed to be about me, me, me?

Um, here's something: I like Farmer's Cheese. It usually isn't brought out until the holidays, but man, when it's on a plate surrounded by crackers, I go to town, man. Good stuff, that Farmer's Cheese.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 12:48 am:   

Dude! Cheese in the US sucks! It shouldn't even be called cheese! So when you like Farmer's Cheese you should say: "I like Farmer's Yellow Stuff, that vaguely resembles real cheese. =)

Janet Chui
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 08:40 am:   

Behold the power of Yellow Stuff.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 08:59 am:   

Yay Yellow Stuff! And yay Janet! Welcome to my board, baby!

So, Cornelis, where are you from that you can stick your nose up at American cheeses?

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 11:35 am:   

The Netherlands! Even better cheese than in France! ;)

Zoran
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 02:22 pm:   

Welcome aboard, Jason!

All the best,
Zoran

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 03:46 pm:   

Thank you, Zoran! I'm ecstatic to be here! I feel like one of the cool kids! Much love to the Night Shade guys for letting me play in their sandbox.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 08:51 pm:   

Greetings and Solutions I always say. Then again, your probably wondering how I found my way, it was through www.faganfinder.com, has all the information on all things and well here I am, posting to your cute little dusty corner, not to say anything, but I like books LOL! Do you like art? Flowers actually, I'm stuck on flowers, I find they are a universal visual, that are cherished everywhere at some time or other. Visit me at www.creativehandyworks.com anytime.
Good is good.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register