Whittemore in Jerusalem - new site co... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Jerusalem Dreaming : Edward Whittemore » Whittemore in Jerusalem - new site content « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anne S
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 06:16 pm:   

I have recently been contacted by Helen Bar-Lev who lived with Whittemore in Jerusalem from 1982 to 1987. She is a wonderful artist and also a poet. She has graciously sent me the sketches she did of Whittemore during the time they were together and also the poems she wrote later about the man.

I have combined the poetry and sketches on the one page on the Jerusalem Dreaming site. They provide a very personal and intimate portrait of
the writer.

The sketches are also available for purchase as prints should you wish to own a rare piece of Whittemore ephemera at a reasonable price.

The direct link to the page is Whittemore in Jerusalem

ABV
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 06:35 am:   

Thanks, Anne. The poetry is beautiful and heartbreaking. Also makes me want to return to Jerusalem. And I'm looking forward to seeing you again later this year!

Ann V.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 06:45 am:   

The sketches of Ted really capture him.

Anne S
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 06:32 pm:   

Ann, look forward to seeing you, too, in Australia later this year. The poetry is pretty amazing. I really like the one about the nuns.

Ellen, the sketches are quite remarkable. I was totally over the moon when Helen sent them.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register