Welcome Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Maloney, Geoffrey » Welcome « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Geoffrey Maloney
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 07:44 pm:   

Thanks to Night Shade Books and the ubiquitous Mr Vandermeer for getting me started here.

My first collection of short stories has recently come out from Prime Books - 'Tales from the Crypto-System'. It's largely a 'best of' collection covering the last ten years of my writing, but also includes three previously unpublished stories. Most of the stories appeared in Australian magazines (largely Eidolon and Aurealis), although some people might recall 'Remnants of the Virago Crypto-System' which appeared in The Silver Web in 1995, and Elecktra Dreams' which appeared in Redsine in 2002.

The cover features a lovely piece of artwork by K J Bishop - she of The Etched City fame - and some nice design work by Garry Nurrish from Redsine. There is also an intro by Trent Jamieson who edited Redsine with Garry.

cheers
GM

Kirsten Bishop
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 08:33 pm:   

And I've just collected my signed copy - thanks, Geoff! It looks terrific, and I anticipate much pleasure in reading it. It's great to see you here.

ellen
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 10:57 pm:   

Geoff,
Welcome to the BB and howdy.

I've just fetched out the book and it looks beautiful. I'll be readin those three originals. Btw, I really liked "A Sixpence for Sophie,' from Southern Blood.

Geoffrey Maloney
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 11:58 pm:   

Thanks Kirsten or should I be calling you KJ now:-)? Yes, great to be here. In a strange way it seems as if I am in another country, although physically I am sweating and sweltering in a lush Brisbane summer. Thanks again for your assistance with the cover.

Geoffrey Maloney
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:12 am:   

Thanks Ellen. To be honest I was very worried for a while about the response that 'Sixpence for Sophie' would receive. I think I pushed some limits with it in terms of what is generally acceptable in spec fic in Australia. Also the Southern Blood anthology was many years in the making and since I wrote that story I now have three young daughters, so the story really frightens me now, on a much more personal level than when I wrote it. Very pleased to hear that you got a copy of 'Crypto-System'.

Trent Jamieson
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 02:57 am:   

"Sixpence for Sophie" is a disturbing story, Geoff. But it's meant to be, definitely my favourite in Southern Blood.

Nice to see you here at last, Geoff. It sure is sweltering in Brisbane, I'm melting in my study. Too humid and too damn still.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration