The Duke In His Castle - Update! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Nazarian, Vera » The Duke In His Castle - Update! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   

The front cover image of the trade paperback edition of the Duke (forthcoming from Papaveria Press http://www.papaveria.com/ in July 2006) has been finalized -- just today -- and here it is, in all its 16th century gorgeous young manly glory:

http://www.veranazarian.com/Duke-front-mock.jpg

My wonderful editor Erzebet YellowBoy did a fabulous job of the cover, I think.

I am drooling over it. :-)

And wait till you see the back! I am absolutely floored to receive the following two fabulous author quotes/jacket blurbs for my novella The Duke In His Castle:

"Vera Nazarian combines the wry and poignant charm of Hans Christian Andersen with the subversive wallop of Angela Carter in crafting this gem of a fairy tale. No longer merely a promising writer, Nazarian has arrived."
Paul Witcover

and

"Vera Nazarian is a writer seemingly so full of story that it just comes bubbling uncontrollably out of her. Then she takes it and molds it and wraps it all around in a bright-colored cloth woven from her sparklingly idiosyncratic language and wonderfully vivid imagery. "The Duke in his Castle" shows her at the peak of her form in a deceptively simple tale that probes the nature of life and death, of power and succumbing, and ultimately of good and both the evils -- active evil and the evil born from apathy. Where so many High Fantasy writers are content to serve up the same old reheated stew, Nazarian instead gives us something fresh and vital and dancing."
John Grant, Co-Editor of The Encyclopedia of Fantasy

More on the upcoming novella soon!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration