Ibooks Declares Bankruptcy, My Book i... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Nazarian, Vera » Ibooks Declares Bankruptcy, My Book is an Orphan... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 09:10 pm:   

Since Locus outed it just now, see the news on the very front page, I can speak about it:

ibooks, Inc. has declared bankruptcy and the company has shut down completely as of today, February 22.

Which means that my poor book DREAMS OF THE COMPASS ROSE has been orphaned, and will obviously not come out in this edition.

Remember those ARCs I have been offering and some of you requested and received?

PFTHTHTHT. (But hold on to them, folks, I may still need your blog reviews for another edition opportunity, see below.)

However, the Good News Part A is, this is happening NOW, and not AFTER my book is out already, which would be a whole big contractual mess, so I guess I am lucky.

And second, Good News Part B is, John Betancourt has kindly offered to reprint DREAMS as a Prime Books title in offset with national distribution. They may even be using the same cover art, or whatever -- I am not sure yet.

More exciting up-to-minute updates as I know them....

*sigh*

Jonathan
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 09:31 pm:   

Vera -- Commiserations on your book being orphaned. I know how it feels. Hope the Prime deal works out, and the book's a big success.

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 09:25 am:   

Thank you, Jonathan!

At this point, I am just crossing all my appendages and holding my breath.

AT
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 01:19 pm:   

There are many of us crossing parts of us and holding our breath with you. So gods! Get useful! DREAMS OF THE COMPASS ROSE should be no orphan. If only Nadir could come to the rescue.

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 04:03 pm:   

Nadir! I love it!

*grin* Thanks, Anna.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration