THE SOUND OF ANGELS, by Lisa Silverth... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Nazarian, Vera » THE SOUND OF ANGELS, by Lisa Silverthorne « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 04:00 pm:   

I am very excited about this one.

Lisa Silverthorne's debut collection The Sound of Angels has just been released and is now available, in hardcover and trade paperback, from Wildside Press. You can get it from Amazon, B&N and all the usual places.

The collection includes her Nebula Preliminary Ballot title story, originally published in the World Fantasy Award-winning anthology BENDING THE LANDSCAPE. Dean Wesley Smith provides the introduction. Lisa's stories in general are gentle, heartrending, nostalgic, and bittersweet. Some of them are shocking and visceral, and all resonate on the emotional level.

She writes sf, fantasy, borderline mainstream, romantic slipstream, new weird, old ethereal -- whatever. If we have to talk movements, I categorize Lisa as an "Island in the Stream" (scroll down to see the Sunday 7-10-05 entry for the definition).

Having been fortunate to preview this collection in its manuscript stages, I recommend her work with all my heart.

Go get your copy now.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration