The Dragon Page Interview - is Up! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Nazarian, Vera » The Dragon Page Interview - is Up! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 10:19 am:   

My interview is broadcast on XM satellite and poscast this week on The Dragon Page talk radio ("Cover-to-Cover" show #177).

Listen to the show here:

http://media8.libsyn.com/podcasts/dragonpage/DragonPageC2C_show177_080105.mp3

More info here:

http://www.dragonpage.com/

AT
Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 09:33 pm:   

Fishing with a wish as a line here. Waaaah! I can only get the pupuplayer as half second bursts of sound followed by 7-10 second silence. and the mp3 won't load at all at my 12Kbps. Any ideas?

Mastadge
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 05:26 am:   

Use some kind of download accelerator program that allows you to resume downloads where you left off if you lose your connection, and save it to your hardrive before listening.

AT
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 04:49 pm:   

Ta, Mastadge. I never knew these existed before.

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 04:58 pm:   

Anna,

This is a good question, and I think Mastage has the right idea. Not sure what programs there might be, but maybe we can ask the Dragon Page folks?

I will e-mail Summer and see what she has to say about slower connections and podcasts.

Meanwhile here is some more info on the podcasting:

http://www.dragonpage.com/podcast.html

and:

http://www.dragonpage.com/tuneIn.html

mastadge
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 05:29 pm:   

Vera,

I listened to the interview -- now I finally have a voice to put to all those posts (and all that Old Wisdom). . .

With SALT OF THE AIR creeping up on us, do you have any idea when it'll be available to preorder, or even listed on Prime's website?

Summer
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 01:29 pm:   

Best advice I can give for slower connections is exactly what Nate suggested: to either use an accelerator (I know Earthlink provides such a service), or download the show in it's entirety first then play it using your mp3 player of choice.

I know there are other shows who've put their podcasts out via BitTorrent, but I'm not really sure how many of our listeners would be truly interested in that option... maybe we should take a poll and find out.

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 01:34 pm:   

Mastadge,

Hehehe, I sound like a nasally-congested floozy. :-) At least I did not start hacking (was recovering from severe flu).

As far as SALT -- you know, that interview was recorded several weeks ago, and back then I didn't realize I was going to get so incredibly busy in Real Life (TM), not to mention stuck on the final edit.

Sooo.... The main reason for the delay is me. Me be bad. :-0

I am still finishing up the general edit of the stories, and need to finish up another original story to be included in the book. So, it is most likely now, the book will come out in the fall.

Not sure when Sean will have the final cover done, at which point we can set up some online pre-order thingie on the Prime website, and then (since I run the Wildside website) I will add it to the listings on the Wildside store.

Sean, you reading this? Halloooooo? :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration