Gods of the Compass Rose Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Nazarian, Vera » Gods of the Compass Rose « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 08:27 pm:   

I am not sure if I even mentioned that I am working on a second book in the Compass Rose universe.

It will be called Gods of the Compass Rose and the premise is to have another very complex story-structure built around the various deities, one in each chapter-story. Currently working on the first story (chapter) and have started snippets of others. Once again, the mood is a mixture of philosophy and myth made from scratch.

But I do think that GODS will be an even more philosophical book than DREAMS.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 08:31 pm:   

Here's a snippet from one of the middle chapters of GODS:

There are so many gods. So many. If you only knew.

They seethe like gnats, divine motes of dust, and fill every pore of the world with their presence. You sneeze and you fill your lungs with breath impreganted with divinity. You pass water through your kidneys and bladder, and in the process an infinite number of gods are compressed, processed, transformed, as they traverse your innards -- traverse you.

You soak in, sweat, piss, excrete, consume, wallow in gods.

And only I know the true extent of it, the origins and patterns, the swirls of divine forces as they make their infinite circular journeys through the universe, heading forward, back, and sidetracking in every direction imaginable along the probability pattern of the Compass Rose.

I know, for I am Memory, the one god who chronicles the Line and the Point and the Vector of every entity and thing. It is a curse and a joy to have this divine aspect at my command -- and I say this only because a god is deemed to command something; a god is obligated to have something under ultimate control; such is the definition of deity -- even if in truth this thing, this force commands me.

But, such concerns are immaterial, and whether memory or myself come first or last, I will tell you this tale and in your own forgetfullness you will be compelled to listen.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration