Camelot: The Very Secret Diaries Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Nazarian, Vera » Camelot: The Very Secret Diaries « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 05:25 pm:   

Anyone else here a fan of Cassandra Claire's LOTR: The Very Secret Diaries?

If you have not seen this, then read no further till you investigate this hilarious link:

http://www.ealasaid.com/misc/vsd/

I mean it. Go read this first then come back. *waiting for you patiently here*

Now then. There have been a number of similar takes on the VSD style, I guess first perpetrated by "Bridget Jones' Diary," and recently a bunch of writers got together on Mary Anne Mohanraj's website and started an Arthurian milieu version of the Very Secret Diaries.

Tee heee!

It is called... *drumroll*

Camelot, The Very Secret Diaries!

http://www.camelotvsd.com/vsdcamelot.html

And I am one of the eville perpetrators. My characters (at least so far) are Elaine, the Lady of Shalott (whom I fused with Sir Galahad's mom, also Elaine) and the Holy Grail itself. (Yes, there are a number of inanimate objects characters, rather hilarious actually, like Excalibur and its sex-starved Scabbard). Some other writers also "playing" in this VSD milieu are Tim Pratt, Heather Shaw, Mike Jasper, Karen Meisner, Jon Hansen, Erin Donahoe, and others.

And the good news is, not all the main characters are taken yet! So, if you think you'd like to take on the writing of some Arthurian character's Very Secret Diary, sign up ASAP!

Otherwise, just for a good laugh, go take a look now.

:-)

Vera

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration