Vyhodila Na Bereg Verochka Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Nazarian, Vera » Vyhodila Na Bereg Verochka « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

William Sanders
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 06:52 pm:   

Aha! So this is why we haven't seen you around Bonobo Hill lately! Hanging out with this lot, eh? Gone upscale on us? Too good to do your bit in our humble little struggle for the establishment of the Antichrist and the total extinction of all carbon-based life forms, eh?

Any interesting action around here?

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:21 pm:   

Will!!! Good to see you and welcome!!!!! :-)))

Heheheh. You know, there's just too many dratted places to *be* online, if you know what I mean. And I think I am neglecting this one just as much as all the other places. Need to clone myself.

Will drop by Bonobo Hill asap! I have about 300 posts marked for reading there, eeek. Reason I do that is because all your newsgroup posts are too good to just skim, so I end up getting behind.

As far as the action here at Night Shade, it varies here too, and I think Jeff VanderMeer's topic is pretty good and active.

William Sanders
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:04 pm:   

I think I better not get involved here. I see several old friends, but the place is crawling with old enemies too - as well as a couple of new ones - and I don't need that scene again.

But if you can generate some business for yourself in here, go for it say I. Just don't forget your old buds and your old haunts.

Thomas R
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:27 pm:   

Hey y'all! I don't have much to say, but I thought I'd come over since I read you say I could. Kind of breaking a "vow" I made, but what the heck. I went to Kage's a bit ago too. (To be on the safe side you, Kage, & FSF will likely be it for me here)

Anyway how are things. Did I miss much this week? Also I hate asking this, but do you do much short fiction in places I'd read. Like FSF, or some of the webzines? I hope that's not an insulting question.

As to Will I admit I don't know much about who your old enemies are, but FSF's forum is usually pretty safe. I never had any problems there anyway and they mostly get a different crowd than the more provocative places here.

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 02:52 pm:   

Will,

Makes sense, and still it is good to see you here -- my topic is always safe. :-) I am sloooowly catching up on Bonobo Hill posts. It's touch and go, heheheh. The more I read, the more new posts show up!

Hey Thomas! Great to see you, and welcome! As far as enemies, I seriously don't have any (except maybe for an old back-stabbing pair of former friends who thankfully don't hang out in most online places anyway).

So, in any case, yeah, I wish I had something in F&SF, but so far Gordon has rejected all my stuff. And besides, I hardly ever submit (or even write) short ficiton any more (unless it is to an invite antho), since I am focusing on novels.

Novels is what I prefer to do anyway, being a long-winded and blabby Russian -- can you say War and Peace? Yeah, well, I cut my teeth on that one. *grin*

However, if you're curious and want to read something of mine that's online (and *free*), here is an excerpt in the form of a standalone story from DREAMS OF THE COMPASS ROSE. This one is Dream Two, and is called "The Miracles of Ris" and is an old-fashioned desert tale:

http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/stories/compassrose.htm

:-)

Vera

Thomas R
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 03:57 pm:   

Excellent. Unfortunately I might not get to it for awhile, I only go online weekends now and I have a research thing to do, but I'll get to it when I can.

And yeah I think I remember you being more of a novelists. The bookstores here suck, but there's a good used place. I don't know if you've been around long enough to make it there, but they have some fairly recent stuff too.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration