Novel Research Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Nazarian, Vera » Novel Research « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 03:23 pm:   

Inspired by Jeff V's Novel Research thread, I decided to make one too. :-)

Things I am looking for right now are related to travel cross-country from a port in modern day Italy or France, to the Church of St. Catherine de Fierbois. Anyone been there? Does it even still exist?

I have this link:

http://www.stjoan-center.com/Album/part16.html

And it is supposedly in Chinon, France. What I need is a way for the modern day traveller, a sight-seeing tourist, to get there. I also need to know if there are ways to get there by train, bus, car, river, etc?

Anyone been there?

paulw
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 03:52 am:   

Vera,

I suggest you contact the French Tourism Office in New York -- I'll bet they can get you a ton of information about routes and history.

This sounds like some research it would be worthwhile to do in person. I hereby volunteer, for the price of airfare, to undertake this mission on your behalf!

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 07:53 pm:   

Paul,

Tourism office? That is one heck of a great idea! Thanks! I was considering contacting travel agents, but this is better. :-)

And as far as sending you on a mission, hmmm, maybe when I am swimming in dead presidents. ;-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration