Help for an Alan Moore Book Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Monkeybrain » Help for an Alan Moore Book « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jose Carlos Neves
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 07:40 pm:   

Dear fellow Alan Moore Fan,
I am a brazilian big fan of the Culture Luminarie and Magus Alan Moore, with an article on his unfortunately uncompleted magnus opus Big Numbers in my site www.alanmooresenhordocaos.hpg.ig.com.br
I am trying to write a thesis on his revolutionary work for my Media Communications degree and am desperately looking for the following interviews,essays,articles and text on and by him, in xerox copies or – better – scanned ones.Please,could you help me?? – with our present economic crisis,with the US dolar skyrocketting, the Government prohibitted to import “superfluous” ( culture has been always superfluous here!) , so, if you want some form of payment maybe we could arrange some deal on copies of Alan´s material published here – or from my private, more than 1.000 pages archives (including cover and 10 page of BN#3;.Hail to the Mighty Moore! Amazing Heroes # 39, 58 and 173 ; American Fantasy vol.2#2 (win.87); Arkensword # 10 (apr.84) and 11 (oct.84); Blab # 3 (july,98); B.J.and the Bear Annual 1983 (GrandDreams); Cascade Comics Monthly # 18 (Melinda Gebbie); Combo # 29 (june 97); Comics Interview Special edition on Watchmen; Comic Book Artists # 25; Comicscene # 5 and 11; Comics World Interview (aug.96) ; Critics Choice Mag: Focus on Watchmen # 1 to 4 (James van Hise); DC Features # 11 (apr.85); Deadline # 17 (on Big Numbers); Dust (¿); Egomania # 2 (Eddie Campbell Comics, Dec.02); El Wendigo# 42,44,46 and 76 (Spain, 88); Escape Mag.# 3 and 4 (84) and any other with AM; Esoterra # 6 (sept.97); Fantasy Advertiser # 100 (mar.88) and 105 (aug.88); Fantasy Express# 5 (spring 83); Feature # 2, vol.3; Forbidden Acts (¿) ;Film Treath Mag (80); Fumo de China (Italian mag-95); Fusion # 2 (feb./84); Honk Mag.#2 (¿); Heroe # 3; Inside Comics # 2-3 (92) ;Kooks # 3 (autumn 86); L.A,.Weekly Calendar # 55; Michael J. Basset´s 280 pag. Transcriptions of conversation with AM on bringing Big Numbers to uk´s tv; Magical Mistery Moore, vols. I (Ediciones Sulaco, Spain or Avatar Press, USA as Moore Magical Words); and 2 (Avatar Press); Mirror of Love (Top Shelf, 03); Prevue (97); Pocketssentials: AM, book by Lance Parkin (uk ´s edition); Q Mag (oct.86); Rolling Stone #619; SciFi Universe (spring 96); Speakeasy (Oct./84) and #54 (late 95); Spin (feb.88); Submedia # 1; Swampmen (Jon B. Cooke and George Khoury; The Comics Journal # 116, 118, 202 (on BN); and 2l6 (on Eddie); The Comics Reddition #18; The Courtyard (Avatar Press); The Guardian The Guide (fev.2,02); The Life and Times of Robert Crumb, by AM; The Luck in the Head (AM and Oscar Zarate); The New Comics (nov.88); The (untitled AM Project (George Khoury and Co. AM´s 50th birthday edition); Tripwire Special # A (nov.98); Vampirella/Dracula (oct.97) and # 1 (97 – Harris Publ.); Wizard # 14, 27 and 52; ............... All interviews,articles, essays etc on/by Melinda Gebbie; ...............................................
Oh,yes! I am also looking for used or xerox copies of the following books: “Three Dimensional Drawing”,by Andrew Loomis; ”Eon”,by Greg Bear; “Neverness”,by David Zindell; and all non-fiction books by the authors:Robert Anton Wilson,Colin Wilson and Terence McKenna.

José Carlos Neves
Rua Dep.Bernardino Senna Figueiredo,1.148/02,
Cidade Nova,
Belo Horizonte-MG, 31170-210
Brazil.
<joseccn@yahoo.com>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick Klaw
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 10:38 am:   

Jose,

It is ILLEGAL and IMMORAL to photocopy copyrighted books. I'm thinking that Loomis, Bear, Zindell, RAW, Colin Wilson, and the Mckenna estate would not appreciate this. I appreciate the difficulties of getting the books in Brazil, but all you do by photocopying these books is hurt the authors and their heirs. Get on Amazon or ABE and order the books themselves. Most of them are in fairly inexpensive paperback editions.

Rick

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register