ADVENTURE Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Monkeybrain » ADVENTURE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Roberson
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 09:12 pm:   

MonkeyBrain Books announces ADVENTURE, a projected series of original anthologies celebrating pulp adventure themes across all genres, edited by Chris Roberson. Contributors to the first volume, among them leading lights in the fields of science fiction, fantasy, horror, mystery and western, are expected to include: John Edward Ames, Lou Anders, Neal Asher, Barry Baldwin, O'Neil De Noux, Paul Di Filippo, Mark Finn, Michael Kurland, Richard Lupoff, John Meaney, Michael Moorcock, Kim Newman, Mike Resnick, Chris Roberson, and Matthew Rossi.

The first volume of ADVENTURE is scheduled for release in trade paperback in Fall, 2005.

Luis
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 12:24 am:   

Two words: MUST HAVE.

Robert Burke Richardson
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 09:31 am:   

^You can count on a sale from me :-)

Andrew Fox
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 08:47 am:   

Dear Chris,

I feel awful that I didn't get a chance to say thank you and a proper so-long to you and your wife this past weekend at ArmadilloCon. Dinner at Threadgill's was absolutely wonderful, and it was so kind of you to pick up the tab. I'd like to send you a signed copy of Bride of the Fat White Vampire as a little "thank-u" gift. I can't remember whether I left you my email address or not. . . if I didn't, please drop me a line through my website, and let me know where I can send the book.

Looking forward to seeing you and your family again at future cons! The project under discussion sounds really promising and fascinating, by the way. I'll definitely pick myself up a copy.

John Picacio
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 10:49 am:   

Hey, Andy --

Great to see you this weekend, man. That was a solid meal Saturday night at Threadgill's, wasn't it? Hope you're well after that nine-hour drive home to New Orleans. Congrats on all the love for the FAT WHITE VAMPIRE books.

We'll be in touch, I'm sure.

Best to you, Dara, and Levi,
John

John Picacio
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 10:51 am:   

And I definitely second that big thank you to Chris and Allison for the Threadgill's meal on Saturday night!!!

Chris Roberson
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 11:05 am:   

Hey, Andy, it was nice seeing you again, too. I'm just impressed you made it through the second helping of sides. That shows stamina!

Hope to see you again soon. I don't remember whether you said or not, but are you going to be in Boston next month for WorldCon?

Chris Roberson
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 11:08 am:   

You're welcome, John. I just feel a bit bad for Jess, as I think that we drag him off to Threadgill's damn near every time he's in town!

Andrew Fox
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 01:59 pm:   

Chris, I'm afraid I'll be passing up WorldCon this year. However, Dara and I are planning to go to World Fantasy in Tempe, Arizona, and we hope we'll see you there.

John, it was terrific seeing you again. I had a very enjoyable drive through Austin Saturday night, looking for that Half Price Books (turns out it WAS on South Lamar, but I enjoyed the opportunity to see more of the town). The ride home to New Orleans wasn't nearly as painful as the drive to Austin, since I didn't run into construction delays. Still a loooong drive, though.

Jess Nevins
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 09:58 am:   

Chris--

Hey, Threadgill's is fine by me. Good food, there.

It was good meeting you at the con, Andy. When I get the chance I'll definitely be reading your books.

rwexler
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 12:11 pm:   

Stop talking about Threadgills! I don't think I've eaten there since 1994, when I left Austin. It's just not fair, I tell you. Not fair.

Robert

matthew rossi
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 12:15 pm:   

You know what this thread needs? A group hug!

Okay, I'll slink away in shame now.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register