Tornado alley Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Aguirre, Forrest » Tornado alley « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Forrest
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 09:07 am:   

Here is a link to some pictures of the tornado that hit Stoughton, WI last night. My house is about 10 minute's drive north of the area that was hit hardest. I've read reports that 25 twisters ripped through our county and bordering counties. We spent a good chunk of the evening in the basement, watching newscasts about which tornadoes were hitting where and when. After the super-cell had passed my house, I went upstairs to have a look at the passing storm - it was a terrible, beautiful thunderhead with an estimated height of 50,000 feet. The sky was that eerie glowing green that often accompanies tornadic activity. Anyway, we're all safe and doing well. No one we know was affected, so far as I know.

Oh, here is the link. This is not my webpage, nor did I take these pictures. They're from a co-worker who lives in Oregon, WI, about 5 minutes southwest of my house. When I triangulated the position from which the pictures were taken with my house and the apparent location of the tornado, I was a bit shocked at how close the tornado had come. If it had started a little more west of where it had and if it had headed north, I might not have a house right now. Counting my blessings . . .

http://webpages.charter.net/figarocat/
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucius
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 09:26 am:   

Missing the tornado puts it perspective, huh? That's a big whew, Forrest.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register