Skippy Gets Starred Kirkus Review Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Polyphony » Skippy Gets Starred Kirkus Review « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

skippy's agent
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 08:47 pm:   

here's a few quotes from the Kirkus Review of skippy the terrier's leghumping opus, THE VIEW FROM UNDERNEATH:

"'I aim higher than the calf...' With those words, terrier guru skippy invites us into the world of the leghumper, a narrative that documents the author's spiritual voyage from base pleasure-seeking into the most ethereal realms of philosophical speculation..."

"...a bravura performance. With a single lunge, skippy mounts the world stage and does his business with consummate style..."

Bravo, Skippy!

skippy the terrier
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 09:08 pm:   

hiya, hiya, hiya...Deborah....

this is where it began for me, this quiet space. Here's where I humped my first leg. I expected others to follow my lead, but I see that despite her checkbook and ease of access, Miss Deborah Layne's leg remains strangely unhumped. You must be doing something wrong, Deborah. Having practiced the Art for several months now, perhaps I can give you a few pointers (pun intended). What draws me to a particular leg is, of course, different from that which attracts human authors, but I believe I can make the mental transition and help you attract your share of homo sapien skippys. Controversy, I feel, is imperative in luring leghumpers to one's topic. Perhaps you need a controversial thread or two. Controversy, I believe, is the human authorial pheromone. If I might suggest a subject, how about The Emperor's New Weird? You know, whither, whence, and do it really exist or is it but a label applied by label-lovers so as (to paraphrase Yoda) to create an identity where none there is. This would bring in not only defenders of the New Weird, but also self-hating new weirders, those who deny their new weirdness in hopes of becoming even newer weird, etc. etc. Anyway, just a thought.

Let the commotion motion begin!

Deborah
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 10:11 pm:   

Wow, Skippy. Congrats on the new book. Is there a tour in the offing? Buffalo-Erie-Cleveland-Toledo-Detroit? Something like that?

Controversy is so controversial, though. Gosh, I wish there was some other way. Do I actually need to say something controversial or can I just announce the topic is open?

Oh, wait, tell me again why I would want my leg humped...

skippy the terrier
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 10:16 pm:   

hiya, hiya, hiya..

why would you want your leg humped? Does the pope shit in the woods...or something? Why would you want a Picasso over your fireplace? What good are lungs? Are you crazy?

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it!!!!

Shed Boy
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 07:47 pm:   

That thar Skippy's a fake!

Ain't no such thing as a talking dawg!

Shed Boy
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 07:48 pm:   

PS -- and can't a dawg write, neither

Deborah
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 07:51 pm:   

Wow, Shed, nobody can fool you, can they? Gosh, you saw right through that little ruse. That's right. The story's blown wide open. Skippy is actually a mule.

Had you goin' for at least a few days though, didn't we?

Shed Boy
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 07:56 pm:   

You're making fun of me agin, Miz Debra?

That ain't no way to treat your cousin...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register