NBA Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Polyphony » NBA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deborah
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 03:02 pm:   

Somebody needs to do something about Dikembe Muh-elbows.

CA McGee
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 11:39 pm:   

When I saw the title of this topic, I wasn't sure if this was about the National Basketball Association or the National Book Award, but I'm glad it was the former, becase I don't have anything to say about books.

About Dikembe: if they let Malone swing his sharp little pegs into noses until his graceless decline, then they're certainly not going to do anything about Dik.

Shame about Lebron, though, since he's one of the best things about the NBA right now.

Deborah
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 07:18 am:   

Well, and going all the way back to Bill "Oh, was that your kidney" Laimbeer...

I guess it's part of the game, rookies have to learn who to watch out for. Eric Snow warned LeBron before the game. Good news is they think LeBron will be back (with a face mask) by Monday.

mike bishop
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 07:21 am:   

And then there are the Hawks, the most pitiful and pitiable franchise in the league, who would be glad to have LeBron playing for them in twin casts and hooked up to a dialysis machine . . .

CA McGee
Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 01:55 am:   

LeBron + plastic mask = 26 pt + 8 rb + 6 ast + 2 stl + .578 fg%

Deborah
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 06:26 am:   

Yeah, and after the game he said he didn't care about the mask...he still had to be aggressive. There's the advantage to having your star be 20 years old.

And, I guess in fairness I should say that I saw several replays of the elbow-face meeting and I don't think it was intentional...Mutumbo is clearly just the clumsiest guy to ever put on a pair of long shorts.

And, the aforementioned Hawks visit the Cavs tonight. :-)

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 01:18 pm:   

I don't think Mutumbo was deliberately trying to hurt Lebron, but that being said, he's got a history of loosing high elbows into all those around him. It's his style of play. Not really dirty, but something to be aware of (as I believe Lebron will be if he ever takes the court a/g Mutumbo again). Much like the inadvertent pokes in the eye that Jabbar used to receive because he was simply too tall, and when guys swiped for the ball, their reach was often near his eye-level; no malice intent.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 11:32 am:   

HOW 'BOUT THOSE BUCKS WINNING THE LOTTERY!!!
Andrew Bogut, come to papa.

Forrest
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 06:15 pm:   

Well, at least something good happened for them this season.

Deborah
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 07:39 pm:   

Yeah, that's great, now you just have to hope they don't get bought by some Web-bubble trillionaire punk who doesn't know how to run a team.

:-(

Minz
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 08:38 am:   

If Kohl is such a discriminating seller that he balked at selling the franchise to Michael Jordan, I'm not too worried.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:19 am:   

Let me get this straight, MInz. You think Bogut is going to turn the franchise around. You have a childlike faith, don''t you?

Minz
Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 10:08 am:   

I can't believe we bagged Bobby Simmons as well (last season: 16.4 points, 5.9 rebounds and 2.7 assists, 1.4 steals while winning the Most Improved Award).

The Bucks lineup:
PG: TJ Ford
SG: Micheal Redd
SF: Desmond Mason
PF: Joe Smith
C: Andrew Bogut

Off the bench: Mo Williams at Point, Bobby Simmons at SG &/or SF, and Gadzuric & Pachulia are the bigs. Throw in Kukoc's savvy, and I am one very happy camper. Very Solid, Very Young lineup. Defense will be the one concern (though Simmons played some very good D for the Clippers last season.)

Okay, Stotts doesn't exactly inspire me to do cartwheels, but personnel wise, I didn't expect it to work out this well. I see solid playoffs this year, and potential for more down the line if these guys develop together as a team.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 09:24 am:   

And you know what, they're gonna do it. I predict an NBA title for the Bucks...in 2230. Bogut's far from a franchise player. I think the Lakers (fuck em) did better in the long run taking Andrew Bynum...

minz
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 10:21 am:   

The kid's only twenty years old, and already the experts are saying he's one of the best passing centers they've ever seen, that he has the same kind of preternatural all-around ball skills and court savvy as Duncan (though not physically gifted as Duncan). In fact, a number of folks say he's got more court savvy than Duncan had at this stage in his career. And he's still got a lot of time to learn and grow. 20 years old. At that age, all Shaq could do was bowl people over.

(I do give Shaq props for continuing to learn and grow as a player, though the fact of the matter is that he could've fixed his foul shooting by simply taking 500 free throws a day in the offseason, instead of making bad rap albums and worse movies. I like the guy, and don't begrudge him whatever he wants to do, but it scares me to think what he could've done if he'd been completely dedicated to hoops. Then again, something to be said for being a renaissance man--not only did he finish his degree, as he'd promised his mom, he recently completed work on his masters. He deserves plenty of accolades. But, I digress...been reading too many Al Duncan posts :-) )

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register