Wheatland Press 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Polyphony » Wheatland Press 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deborah
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 07:35 pm:   

Well, I've mentioned some of these projects here and there, but I thought it might be good to post a list of the entire year's offerings...Some of these dates are approximate and might be off by a month or two, but it's close.

Anthologies:
Polyphony 4, Deborah Layne and Jay Lake Eds., September 2004. Volume four in the critically acclaimed slipstream/cross-genre series will feature stories from Alex Irvine, Lucius Shepard, Michael Bishop, Forrest Aguirre, Theodora Goss, Stepan Chapman and others.

TEL: Stories, Jay Lake Ed., November 2004. An anthology of experimental fiction with authors to be announced.

Exquisite Corpuscle, Frank Wu and Jay Lake Eds., November 2004. Stories, poems, illustrations, even a play; an elaborate game of literary telephone featuring Gary Shockley, Benjamin Rosenbaum, Bruce Holland Rogers, Kristin Livdahl, Maggie Hogarth, and others.

All Star Zeppelin Adventure Stories, David Moles and Jay Lake Eds., November 2004. Original zeppelin stories by David Brin, Jim Van Pelt, Leslie What, and others; one reprint, ?You Could Go Home Again? by Howard Waldrop.

Single Author Collections
The Beasts of Love, Steven Utley, Intro. by Lisa Tuttle, October 2004. Utley?s ?love? stories spanning the past twenty years; a brilliant mixture of science fiction, fantasy and horror.

American Sorrows, Jay Lake, September 2004. Four longer works by the Hugo and Campbell nominated author; includes his Hugo nominated novelette, ?Into the Gardens of Sweet Night.?

Nonfiction
Weapons of Mass Seduction, Lucius Shepard, September 2004. A collection of Shepard?s film reviews. Some have previously appeared in print in the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction; most have only appeared online at Electric Story.

Poetry
Knuckle Sandwiches, Tom Smario, Intro. by Lucius Shepard, July 2004. Poems about boxing by a long-time poet and cut-man.

Novel
Paradise Passed, Jerry Oltion, November 2004. The crew of a colony ship must choose between a ready-made paradise and one they create for themselves.

Watch the WP website for ordering info or look for these titles in the usual places: Amazon.com, BN.com and great independent bookstores/mail order houses like Borderlands Books, Clarkesworld Books, Wrigley-Cross Books, Cargo Cult Books, Dreamhave Books, Zeising Books, et al.

Deborah

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 07:37 pm:   

Yowza. You've been busy, Deborah!

Deborah
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 08:25 pm:   

Yup, and still lots to do. That's why I need The Madison Getaway. :-)

Deborah
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 01:29 pm:   

The Wheatland Press Website has been updated! We are taking pre-orders for several of the forthcoming titles.

Go here: http://www.wheatlandpress.com/soon.html

Order early and often!

Deborah

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 02:08 pm:   

I put a thing down on my topic about the Tom Smario book. But let me say it again, Knuckle Sandwiches is a terrific book...

Robert Burke Richardson
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 06:20 pm:   

^I think I'll be picking up EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE. You must be doing something right over there, Deborah.

Deborah
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 11:41 pm:   

Hey, thanks, Robert, that's music to my ears! :-)

Deborah

Robert Burke Richardson
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 01:20 am:   

^One tiny nitpick: the ordering text for All-Star Zeppelin Adventure Stories reads "hipping and handling." I'm sure there's a joke in there about this one being cool and retro-cutting-edge, but it's too late at night for me to think of one just now :-)

Deborah
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 07:57 am:   

Thanks...I'll get it fixed.

Deborah
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 04:01 pm:   

Okay, a quick update here on the WP schedule...

Polyphony 4, American Sorrows and Knuckle Sandwiches are now available...the website still says "coming soon" and "preorder here" but I'm shipping those now.

Here's the link:

http://www.wheatlandpress.com/soon.html

There's been a slight delay on Weapons of Mass Seduction (my fault, not Lucius') so that one will not be available until October 28 (weekend of World Fantasy Con).

SPECIAL OFFERS: Free shipping on orders of $50 or more (it gets automatically added in on the Paypal buttons, but I will refund the shipping on qualifying orders).

BUT THAT's NOT ALL: If you want to send any Wheatland Press title as a gift, just put a note in the PayPal comment box and I will include free gift wrap and a tasteful card appropriate to the occasion.

:-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register