College Hoops 2 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Polyphony » College Hoops 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deborah
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 04:52 pm:   

Woo hoo! Pitt has jumped up to number 4 in the latest poll!

I've been too busy to keep up this thread much...but, quickly, the Big East is looking as wild as ever. The SEC is just nuts this year, no way to predict game to game what's going to happen. St. Joe's is getting tested tonight against Villanova. Syracuse and UConn are playing right now with UConn leading. Somebody, please, take Duke out, please?

Ah, February!

:-)

Sonny the Bull
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 05:06 pm:   

Take Duke out? Make me an offer....

Lucius
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 05:08 pm:   

You want Pitt to be Number One? If I were a Pitt fan, I'd want them seeded high, but not number one overall -- too much of a target....

John Picacio
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 09:17 pm:   

Props to the Panthers....looking good over there! Do my eyes deceive me? Do they only have one stinking loss? Amazing....long way to go....but they're looking good....

Deborah
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 09:26 pm:   

Yup -- one lose -- to Uconn by 3 measly little points. :-)

Lucius, the ranking thing...I mean at this point it's nice to see 'em getting some respect, but I here you about being a target. Last year they got totally robbed in the seeding for the tourney and I hate to see that happen again, and I guess weeks in the top four figure into that mess...I dunno. I'm savoring it for a few hours and then realizing that in the long run the Earth will be an ice ball again and it won't matter...

Lucius
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 09:40 pm:   

The earth will be an ice ball again? Where did you hear that?

Well if they beat UConn, you might get your wish....But UConn looked mighty good tonight.

I think the word "savor" as regards your woo hoo thing is kind of an understatement. :-)

Deborah
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 10:25 pm:   

The earth won't be an iceball? Huh. I thought I'd heard that. What I'm trying to say is something like I stick my neck out for no one. Years from now, one week's rankings won't amount to a hill of beans in a world gone mad. A world I never made. Here's lookin' at ya.

:-)

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 10:09 am:   

We Badgers are creeping up on you, Deborah. Slowly . . . slowly . . . but surely.

Forrest

Deborah
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 10:37 am:   

Yeah, the Badgers are looking good. Congrats!

Maybe we shall meet in March, n'est-ce pas?

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 12:27 pm:   

That might just happen. That'll give us a couple of months to cool off before Wiscon. Else we'd have to divide the table by colors.

Here's to hoping that Duke, Stanford, Connecticut, Louisville, Mississippi State, Gonzaga, Kentucky, and Cincinnati all lose their tough upcoming games (looks like all of them will have at least one tough one this week, Kentucky and Louisville get two tough games each). Or better yet, that they lose the games that they're supposed to easily take. LOSE, LOSE, LOSE!!! The Badgers should be alright vs. Minnesota and at Northwestern.

Good luck against ND! Of course, I always love to see ND lose, but even better if Pitt wins.

Forrest
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 07:29 pm:   

Badgers beat MN 80-66 in a game that was way more dominating than the score indicates. Devin Harris had a career high 38 points. I think he missed one shot the whole game, and topped it off with a reverse dunk off the steal near the end.

Looks like Pitt spanked St. Johns, Deborah.

Deborah
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 07:34 pm:   

Congrats to the Badgers...and yeah, Pitt showed no mercy and a total of 11 players got into the game. I'm pleased.

Forrest -- I had a flashback today -- did Pitt play Wisc in the NCAA tourney in 89 or 90? I'm thinking they did and I'm thinking Wisc won. This ring a bell at all? I gotta look it up when I have time.

Forrest
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 07:52 pm:   

Can't remember, Deborah. Maybe it's a prophecy, rather than a flashback . . .

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 08:13 pm:   

Or maybe a sign of the Apocalypse? :-)

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 06:50 am:   

nah, I think Wisconsin beating Pitt would be a sign that all is OK in the world. :-)

And, of course, Deborah, I am joking . . . until March.

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 07:00 am:   

I wish the Big Ten was stronger so I felt more confident about Wisconsin's record. There's a lot of dreck in there.

JK

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 08:59 am:   

Yeah, but their team is the strongest it's ever been internally, and if they've regularly done well in March with inferior lineups, then big things can be expected, methinks.

Deborah
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 09:42 am:   

I looked back at the NCAA tourney history and I clearly hallucinated this Wisc-Pitt thing although Pitt did play Utah once in the first round so maybe I was doing a Forrest-Wisconsin-Utah association or something...or maybe I'm just brain-damaged.

Oh, signs of the apocalypse...they're so...fleeting.

Since the geographically challenged NCAA tourney selection comm almost always puts Pitt in the Midwest or West, a Badger-Panther showdown is awfully likely. And, of course, we'll be civil before and after, right? :-)

JK -- The Big Ten needs Bobby Knight back, doncha think?

Lucius
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 10:01 am:   

Bobby Knight....yeah! At least he's more interesting than yer average Big 10 coach. And probably no more of an asshole.....

Badger vs Panther....it sounds like some kind of martial arts deal.

Your Badger kung fu is no good!

Haoooa! Panther Kung Fu! I will swat you with my broad-tail!

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 12:32 pm:   

LOL! Yeah, we'll be civil before and after. Best unplug your phone and the internet during halftime, though. :-)

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 01:21 pm:   

Where the hell is Minz to cause some unecessary trouble? I hear ya Forrest, the team looks solid even with the losses of personal. I'd just like to see them get a good hard test before March.

JK

Forrest
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 02:30 pm:   

Drat. My badgers dropped two slots. Still, I went to the hockey game the other night and watched the best sporting event of my life as the badgers knocked off the no.1 North Dakota Sioux in the most amazing comeback I've ever seen live. Wow, what a game! Now if they only played with that much heart in all their sports, there'd be no stopping them!

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:19 am:   

Can anyone explain how Wisconsin lost to Illinois so badly? I'm at a loss.

Deborah
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:41 am:   

Forrest, I missed that game. I'm guessing that the Illini pulled some kind of cornstalk voodoo thing, though, huh?

Typical college hoops stuff -- I mean how does Pitt lose to Seton Hall and then turn around and kill UConn in the same week?

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:57 pm:   

It's crazy. Oh well, can't complain - still ranked in the top 10, so . . .

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register