Clean Up America the Ashcroft Way Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Polyphony » Clean Up America the Ashcroft Way « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deborah
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:31 pm:   

Now this kind of stuff really pisses me off...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=14&u=/ap/20030914/ap_on_go _ca_st_pe/anti_terror_laws

The Justice Department and State authorities are using the terrorist laws to go after regular old criminals and get stiffer sentences. One example in this article is prosecuting a meth lab owner under a state-level weapons of mass destruction statute on the grounds that a meth lab is aplace where they manufacture "toxic chemicals" with "potential to injure or kill people." They can ask for a sentence of 15 years instead of the usual six months. Now, I'm no fan of meth labs, but come on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Biker Joe
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 07:04 pm:   

As a fan of meth labs, I am doubly horrified.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register