SOCIAL PRESSURE: Haddayr needs a blog Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ratbastards » SOCIAL PRESSURE: Haddayr needs a blog « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 09:16 am:   

Everyone tell Haddayr that she needs a to start a blog or online journal. Alan has one. Kristin has one. Chris has one, though he updates it so infrequently he should call it "The Annual Report." Among the neo-bastards, Doug and I have one.

So let's all stare till she gets one.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 09:40 am:   

How does one exist without a blog, or, as us cultured folks call 'em, a journal?

R.Wexler
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 09:54 am:   

I will never blog. And I don't think Haddayr should either.

Robert

John Klima Blog
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 10:13 am:   

Blog, blog, blog, blog, blog, blog, blog, blog, bloggity-blog!

JK

Haddayr Copley-Woods
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 10:26 am:   

Oh, Sweet Mother of {fill in the blank} the last thing I need is to have _another_ thing to do at work I'm not being paid for!!!! I think you're pressuring me to do this so that I'll stop pestering you on your journal. Nice try, buddy, but this thorn in your side won't be so easy to pull out.

Haddayr Copley-Woods
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 10:30 am:   

Also, I can't read blogs at work except for Nick's, because my %@$%#^&%&* web screening software seems to believe that there is nothing work related at blogspot.com. Bastards. I know, I know, I know . . . I could read them at home, but my son is so much cuter than all you people and I _already_ have too many excuses not to write, so I try to keep the computer turned off at night and weekends.

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 11:10 am:   

If you keep the computer off, how do you write? Stick and dirt? Clay tablets?

Haddayr Copley-Woods
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 11:59 am:   

Pretty much. I write on this ancient substance called "paper," with a slight improvement on the stick called a "pen." Then I sneakily type it up at work when things are slow and no one is looking, although I have been known to fire up the 'puter at home in desperation if I have a deadline.

Alan DeNiro
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 08:08 pm:   

Haddayr, you could always do an anti-blog. Or a non-public blog. Or just keep posting in message boards. :-)

I'm going to be teaching a blogging workshop at the Loft some time in the fall. We'll see how that goes...

(and sorry I've been living under a rock lately, things have been a little nutty in rl).

A.

Haddayr Copley-Woods
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 08:18 am:   

Oh, no no no. I am not against blogs in _theory._ I just don't have time to do one. I will instead hound Nick since he has so unwisely allowed folks to post to his journal, and post on message boards.

Sorry things have been nutty.

barth
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 11:28 am:   

next, that thug nick is going to lean on haddayr to shoplift and smoke cigarettes.

you watch. soon she'll be rolling packs of coffin nails in her t-shirt sleeves.

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:55 pm:   

Haddayr also needs to throw plastic in the garbage rather than the recycling once in a while.

Haddayr Copley-Woods
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:39 pm:   

Never! Six years in New York did not dent my wholesome demeanor, and I'll be damned if you will, Mamatas!!!!

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:28 pm:   

Well it took four months, but I did.

Haddayr has a livejournal!

http://www.livejournal.com/users/haddayr

barth
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 08:10 am:   

great, nick. now tell her to give me fifty bucks.

Karen Meisner
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:07 pm:   

What the hell, now that you've got Haddayr on this downward spiral into decadence, tell her to rob a nun for the fifty bucks and lend it to Barth at a cutthroat rate of interest. Having compromised her once strong and pure midwestern principles, you've left the woman without any moral compass!

Blogging is a gateway drug, you know.

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 02:47 pm:   

If I'm going to compel Haddayr to part with $50, it will because of my irresistable command to buy four copies of 3000MPH In Every Direction At Once for no reason, and nothing else!

Alan
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 04:40 pm:   

btw, Haddayr (I guess this could be the "Haddayr Needs a Blog, and General Haddayr Talk" thread), your story was a hit at WFC. Doing the tri-part reading was a lot of fun, helped out by a wee bit of alcohol (on both the readers' and writers' part)

Haddayr
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:11 pm:   

Okay, kids. When I said that Mamatas would not chip my Midwestern wholesome demeanor, I meant that I would NEVER STOP RECYCLING. My blog is very earnest and wholesome, I assure you.

And Alan: I'm glad my story was a hit. Thank you for reading it. I had no idea. I really would have liked to hear it, since I have no idea how someone would go about reading such a thing. Did you take turns, or let it melt into triple babbling? Who read each part?

By the way, I finally opened the envelope you gave all of us from class, and I've been working on the story idea that sprung from it for two months. It's turning into the anti-Grammercy Park, interestingly.

Alan
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:51 pm:   

We did the triple melt babbling. But it worked amazingly well. The ends of each section at the end, meshed together, and we were somehow all reading at the same speed. Also, sometimes a voice or a little burst of imagery would kind of take flight in midsentence and really stick out, e.g, the pigeons telegraphing how much they want to get laid. Then that thread entered the blend again.

I'm glad you're working on that exercise (not that I can remember what it was, at this point). An anti-Grammercy park sounds fascinating, although that I have no idea what that means. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will rock.

Mike Jasper
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 05:16 pm:   

Haddayr -- I was there, and it was VERY cool.

Haddayr
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 07:04 am:   

Wow. Wish I'd been there.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration