Old stories in a new book Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ratbastards » Old stories in a new book « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 08:27 am:   

I dunno if my story in Rabid Transit #2 makes me a Rat Bastard or just a servant of the same, but I'll take this chance to make an utterly self-serving announcement.

Sean Wallace of Prime Books has collected a number of my previously published short stories and personal essays into a book! 3000 MPH In Every Direction At Once: Stories And Essays will be hitting the streets in July!

The stuff was previously published in places like the men's magazine Razor, the NYC litkid hipster webzine Mr. Beller's Neighborhood, Strange Horizons, the Village Voice and other fine and not-so-fine magazines.

Following the great tradition of having a vaguely famous writer pen a fatuous introduction, Random House's $100,000 prodigy Zoe Trope, age 16, will be writing an open love letter to me for the book.

Here's the skeletal webpage for the project:

http://www.primebooks.net/books/book_detail.asp?isbn=1-930997-31-0

Woo. Go me. La la la.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

OG barth-face killa
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 09:18 am:   

you ARE a ratbastard, nick. we four talked about it. we agreed without a vote. you are one ratbastard. (just don't forget to mention that fact in future bios or we'll sick the karma weasels on ya.)

for the record, we OG rb's agreed to extend the dork-cloak of ratbastardity to all five appearing in the next chapbook.

a dubious distinction at very best.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration