Readings Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » Readings « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

AndyHat
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 - 07:14 am:   

I understand you're going to be in Raleigh for a reading next week. Unfortunately, it's in the middle of the week, which means I'll be in Charlotte and unable to attend. Are you by any chance doing a reading in Charlotte next week as well?

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 - 07:47 am:   

Andy: I'm pretty sure that the reading will be on the 18th. As a matter of fact, I have to get serious about checking all this out. I was going to do one on the 21st also, but couldn't. I was asked to participate in the Sycamore Hill Writer's conference, and that was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. So, not next week, but the week after. I think it's a Wednesday. Between Wednesday 18th and Friday 20th, I'll do a reading in North Carolina in the Raleigh are for anyone who might want me to do one. Do you know any other stores or groups that might be interested? Let me know. And thanks for your interest.

Best,

Jeff

AndyHat
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 - 02:28 pm:   

Right, Wednesday, June 18th in Raleigh; Quail Ridge Books has a page about it. I'm just bad about keeping track of what week it is :-)

Unfortunately, while I live in Raleigh, I am currently working in Charlotte (a 2.5 hour drive from Raleigh), so I miss any mid-week events at home. And, since I don't really live there, I'm too unfamiliar with Charlotte's bookstore scene to be the one to organize something.

Worst case, I might have to settle for buying some of your books at Quail Ridge on the weekend and getting them to keep them for me so you can sign them when you're there.

Andreas Black
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 05:01 pm:   

Jeff,

I just found out that you'll be in Raleigh. Looking forward to meeting you.

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 08:04 pm:   

Andy: Sure, have them put some aside, I'd be glad to sign them for you. Thanks for your interest.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 08:06 pm:   

Andreas: You never know how many people you are going to get at these things, but at least it will be you and me and Andy's books. That's a crowd compared to some I've done. Hopefully it will be better. I hear Quail Ridge is an excellent store. I look forward to meeting you.

Best,

Jeff

Andreas Black
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 08:14 pm:   

Actually, from reading various weblogs, there should be a few people there -- all writers.

Oh, and Andy's books.

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 09:58 pm:   

For those in the Philadelphia Area who might be interested, I will be at the Free Library, along with Greg Frost (author of Fitcher's Brides), at 7 PM on July 23rd. I think we will be giving a talk about Illusion and Reality in Fantasy Fiction (or that's the theme we have been assigned). Most likely we will be going off on other tangents. If you are in the area or are free that night, stop by and watch us gas for an hour or so. Guaranteed to delight.

Best,

Jeff

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 07:49 am:   

Jeff,

I look forward to your reading at Quail Ridge next week, and bought copies of The Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque and The Fantasy Writer's Assistant and Other Stories in anticipation. "The Empire of Ice Cream" still rattles around my head at odd moments, and I think it's a brilliant story.

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 08:32 am:   

Jason: Thanks for picking up the books. I look forward to meeting you in NC.

Best,

Jeff

Michael Jasper
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 07:42 pm:   

Jeff -- if you're looking to do some more readings, you may want to contact the Borders and Barnes and Nobles in the area -- there are about 5 of each.

Also, you may wanna call the folks at The Regulator in Durham, NC, just 30 miles from Raleigh -- they're another indie store, serving lots of Duke students (but don't hold that against 'em!) -- http://www.regbook.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp, 919-286-2700.

Do you know John Kessel? If you're going to SycHill you probably do, or will soon. He's here in Raleigh as well.

Looking forward to your reading on the 18th!

jeff ford
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 09:02 pm:   

Michael:

Thanks for the information. See you on the 18th.

Best,

Jeff

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 06:10 am:   

Jeff,

It was really great to meet you last night and hear your reading of The Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque. Thank you for coming to NC. Hopefully I'll get to meet you again at World Fantasy this year, if you plan on going.

Take care.

William Shunn
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 03:29 pm:   

Hiya, Jeff!

Speaking of readings, are you going to Readercon this year?

-b

Andreas Black
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 03:38 pm:   

I'd like to add my thanks as well.

I'm kind of curious. Were there more people there than you had expected?

-Andreas

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 09:42 am:   

Jason: Thanks for coming out to the reading. Was glad you could make it. Sorry for not writing back sooner, but I was away for a week.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 09:44 am:   

Andreas: It was nice meeting you at the reading. Thanks for taking the time to come. Was I surprised at the amount of people. Yeah, it was a very good crowd. But I'm always surprised whether its one or fifty.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 09:46 am:   

Bill: As much as I want to go to Readercon this year, I just don't think I'll be able to spare the time. Racing against a novel for a deadline and I just was away a week. Hope you guys have a good time if you go, and also hope to see you in DC for the World Fantasy.

Best,

Jeff

Ellen
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 07:47 pm:   

Oh no! I was hoping you'd be attending Readercon, Jeff.

Jason Erik Lundberg
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 11:29 am:   

Hope you had a good time at SycHill; it looks like a really great crowd this year, and beautiful scenery.

See you at World Fantasy!

Mike Jasper
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 01:34 pm:   

Hey Jeff--welcome back to the "real world!" It was a pleasure meeting you in Raleigh at your reading. Glad you made it back home in one piece from the wilds of the NC mountains.

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 02:18 pm:   

Jason: Had a good time up there in the hills. Thanks for sending on the link with the photos. I hadn't seen it. See you in DC.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 02:20 pm:   

Mike: It was nice meeting you. Thanks for taking the time to come to the reading. I liked my time in NC -- nice state and nice people. Trying to readjust to Jersey.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 09:25 am:   

For those interested, I'll be reading with some of the other authors whose works appear in the Small Beer anthology Trampoline, edited by Kelly Link. See details below --

September 18, 7 PM Housing Works, 126 Crosby Street, NYC 10012 -- (212) 334-3324

Ed Park, Well-Moistened with Cheap Wine, the Sailor and the Wayfarer Sing of Their Absent Sweethearts
Shelley Jackson, Angel
Samantha Hunt, Famous Men (Three Stories)
Jeffrey Ford, The Yellow Chamber
Rosalind Palermo Stevenson, Insect Dreams
Kelly Link

Subway: S,F,V, 6 to Broadway-Lafayette. N, R to Prince St.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration