There's a Hole in the City Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » There's a Hole in the City « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 06:02 am:   

Rick Bowes has a really great story online at SciFiction now. You gotta to check it out. This one's a beauty.

William Shunn
Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 07:22 am:   

That is a great story. (We critiqued it in our writing group a couple of months ago.)

Hey, Jeff, I'm sorry I missed the KGB reading Wednesday. I really wanted to come, but my wife was leaving the next day on a business trip and we had too much to do. I hope it went well.

jeff ford
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 06:16 am:   

Bill: Hey, how are you? The reading went very well. Frost and I both read downer stories and bummed every body out sufficiently. Mucho libation and some really exotic Chinese food -- perhaps the best I've ever had.
Rick's story is very special. I think it's great. I read it before it went on-line also. Love the ending of it.
How's your own writing going? Got something coming out soon?

rick bowes
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 12:27 am:   

It was a great bummer reading! Far into the night and all over Manhattan, people were throwing themselves off of roofs. Some of the food was a tad on the deadly hot side, though.

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 01:16 pm:   

Pshaw. PIFFLE. They were delightful cautionary travelogues, the kind that bring grim satisfaction to all. Sort of like that warm fuzzy feeling after your wrists are slit and draining into the steamy sink...And a grand time was had by all.

I really enjoyed both JF & RB's recent scifiction tales, btw. Kudos to both you gents.
"Scifiction: All the stories that are fit to e-print."

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 04:11 pm:   

Hey Minz! I hear you're having lunch with my boss in a few days. Don't say anything behind my back you wouldn't say to my face :-)

rick bowes
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 09:48 pm:   

Jim - Glad you liked the story. Great seeing you at KGB. And to tell the truth both stories had so many laughs of a certain kind (like the minor demon smoking a human finger in Jeff's story) that I thought of it as the sort of jolly evening we can all look forward to in hell

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration