Locus Award Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » Locus Award « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick bowes
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 11:20 am:   

"The Annals of Eelin-Ok". Is a Locus Award Finalist. Which is as it should be.

jeff ford
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:24 pm:   

Rick: Thanks! Whew -- quite a line-up in the story category -- Gaiman, Mieville, Wolfe and Waldrop? I think I have a better chance of surviving a trip over Niagra Falls in a barrel than getting anywhere near the top spot. But it's still definitely very satisfying to have readers recognize the story.

paulw
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:28 pm:   

Jeff, I love that story. It's one of my favorite fairy stories ever. My review of it got bumped at Realms of Fantasy, but here's what I wrote at the time:

"This riveting masterpiece, the literary equivalent of the miniature fairy paintings of Richard Dadd, is richer in event and feeling than many novels of twenty times its length."

jeff ford
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:19 pm:   

Paul: There's a few other reviews that have shown up in different places I'd have like to see bumped, but not that one -- Thanks. I love those Dadd paintings. I read a book not too long ago in which he figured as a character -- a non-fiction, something about The Madman and the Scholar or something like that about the OED. Pretty good.

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 12:10 am:   

Congratulations Jeff.
just got online for the first time since leaving for London Wed morning. Someone passed the url on to me. Wahooo!

rick bowes
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 06:06 am:   

Right now "Annals" is stuck at 6 Nebula Recs. SFWA members get off your asses and go recommend it!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration