See This? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » See This? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jeff ford
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 05:26 am:   

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1110&idq=/ff/story/000 1%2F20050516%2F2353291138.htm&sc=1110
This is a tragedy for the guy it happened to, but if you live in suburbia and have kids who play sports, this article will elicit a grim nod and a laugh that has nothing to do with joy.

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 05:59 am:   

Stuff like that just makes me sick to my stomach. A grim nod indeed.

JK

Minz
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 06:38 am:   

I think Refs should have the right to ban spectators, enforcable via cattle prod.

I remember reffing intramural sports at the collegiate level; talk about brutal unappreciated jobs. Men willing to don a ref's uniform come only after soldiers, cops and firemen--and their task will always be the most thankless.

T Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 06:41 am:   

Hard, though not impossible to believe, unfortunately.
I recall being about nine years old and walking hand in hand with my Dad in the dark parking lot following a hockey game he had referreed. Two guys, unhappy with a call he had made, were waiting to ambush him by our car. Dad was a retired cop, though, and after pinning one, the other lost interest and they took off. I was terrified they would hurt him.
Some people are sick.

StephenB
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 07:19 am:   

Someone should kick their asses.

I've been bootfucked outside a night club, just because some jealous little guy's ex-girlfriend (who was hot) liked me and made out with me. I was hammered. Him and about twelve of his wannabe hardcore friends, who were probably all around 18, waited for me and jumped me. None of them were that big, but their was 12 of them and three of us. Plus I'm more of a lover than a fighter. I didn't get it nearly as bad as that guy, but I remember I was pretty bloody after that. Stuff like that pisses me off.

Bob Urell
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:37 pm:   

Kee-rist. Send those fuckers to the front. They wanna fight so bad, let 'em do it in service to their country. Well, to Haliburton anyways.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration