Son of New New Stuff 2 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » Son of New New Stuff 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 10:18 am:   

Two of my stories "A Night in the Tropics" from the first issue of Argosy and "The Annals of Eelin-Ok" from the Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling YA anthology The Faery Reel,Firebird/Penguin, have appeared on the new Locus Magazine 2004 Recommended Reading List
http://www.locusmag.com/2005/Issues/02RecommendedReading.html

And Cheryl Morgan at Emerald City has chosen "Annals of Eelin-Ok" as one of the best stories of 2004 in her end of the year round-up.
http://www.emcit.com/emcit113.shtml

Coppervale
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 09:49 am:   

And Ellen just wrote to tell me that "A Night in the Tropics" has been selected to be in the new Year's Best Fantasy and Horror.

A lot of the stories we've had in the first few issues of Argosy have garnered a positive critical response (O'Neil De Noux's story; Charlie and Cory's expansion of Jury Duty with Appeals Court; Caitlin's story - and Argosy 3, which ships Friday, has a great short by Zoran and a stunning novella by Marly Youmans), but the one story EVERYONE mentions is "Tropics".

Congrats, Jeff - and thanks again for letting us put that one in print.

James

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 10:02 am:   

James: Thanks for publishing the story. Good luck with Argosy.

Coppervale
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 01:25 pm:   

Jury SERVICE, not Jury Duty. Yeesh.

You're welcome, Jeff - and thanks.

Any progress on you and Charles Vess doing that illustrated 'Annals'? I would've thought Viking or Subterranean would have snapped something like that up in a heartbeat. (This is purely selfish reasoning - I've had the illustrated CIRCLE OF CATS sitting around since I bought it - too nice to shelve - and think yours would be a great companion volume.)

James

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 02:01 pm:   

James: Charles and I are each both too busy for it and no one is interested in publishing it so it is dead for now. Maybe it will resurface some time later. Thanks for asking, though.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration