World Con Schedule Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » World Con Schedule « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 04:46 pm:   

I'll be at World Con Friday and Saturday. Here's my schedule:
I'll be in the bar.

EDatlow
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 06:15 pm:   

Did you get my email about dinner Friday night?

Minz
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 09:13 am:   

WHICH bar? I'll be in the Sheraton Bar Wed & Thur night, I imagine. Friday night is the Tor Party (doors open at 10pm).

Jeff Ford
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 10:42 am:   

Minz: I'll find you. See you at the TOR Party, but hope to run into you before that.

John Klima
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 10:51 am:   

Yeah, which fricking bar do I look for you yokels in?

JK

EDatlow
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 01:54 pm:   

Yeah????
I'm staying at the Marriott--is there a nice bar there?

jeff ford
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 06:54 am:   

John: Gotta remember your book. Gotta remember... I forget the name of the place I'm staying in, but it's not one of the main ones. They said it's connected to the convention center by a bridge or something. When I say the bar, that stands for all bars at all times. I'll be in all of them at every moment. Schrodinger's Ford. Until it comes time to pay the bill, then i'll disappear.

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 08:00 am:   

With my book, I'm sure. (grumble grumble) If you remember it, cool, if not, I have plenty of other things to read. I will be in the Sheraton bar most of the time. I am not Schrodinger, more Hume-like. No bars exist except for the one I'm in.

JK

Minz
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:39 pm:   

Unfortunately, Jeff, you'll only be in every bar until you're actually observed in one of them, thereby locking you in quantum certainty. Here's to hoping I'll get a chance to lock you in one place long enough to press a cold one into your hand.

See y'all soon.

maryson
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 08:22 am:   

Got a great flight schedule.
Direct flight from Amsterdam to SFO, stopover in the Bisson Inn and inland flight to Tempe with Bisson Air, touching down directly in all bars available at all times.
Can't miss you, Jeff.

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 01:56 pm:   

John, Minz, Wim: See you all there.

Wim: I'm in Aruba right now. Lots of Dutch words and dishes. Great place.

ellen
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 04:41 pm:   

And you're checking email? Shame on you!

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 02:12 am:   

ARUBA!!! Crap dude, you know how to take it easy! Good on ya!

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:10 am:   

Ellen: I can only take so much sun, sand and fun. After a while I miss the frustrations of the internet. Besides, I have to clear them out every once in a while or else it gets crazy and they blow out all the ones I've saved. The only bad part is when I indiscriminately erase them all by accident. Most of them are crapola anyway.

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:13 am:   

Cornelis: This place is really something. Yeasterday we went snorkeling off this coral reef. The underwater world here is mind blowing. Then my wife tried to do away with me by having me go with her on an ocean kayaking trip. Alas, what a mistake. Still those little brushes with death are probably good for the soul. Otherwise, lots of palm trees and turquois water and iguanas.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:45 am:   

Nice dude! Really nice!

Bob Urell
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 02:42 pm:   

Jeff: Aruba, nice. I imagine you’re having a great time.
I was in Curacao a few years ago. Lots of topless Swedish women and they serve their french fries with mayonnaise. I made the fateful decision to walk with my buddies from the pier into town, and ended up in some weird little mom and pop place, in the middle of an industrial area, where everyone knew my name, only because everyone migrated from their tables to ours in some sort of predetermined rotation I couldn't comprehend. I won a huge bottle of wine in a karaoke contest at a drag queen bar a certain Creole dance-instructor/waitress told me was a good place to meet people. I'm still not sure what she meant by that. Either way, that entire stretch of ocean is alright by me, though I did bump noses with a barracuda just outside the breakwater while snorkeling the next day. That definitely made me wish I'd stuck it out on the beach....

jeff ford
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 06:59 am:   

Bob: Your trip sounds somewhat more adventurous than ours. This is the 25th anniversary tour, so we hit the mom and pop restaurants in the middle of nowhere, but had to pass on the drag queen Creole dance intructor/waitresses, which is for the 23rd anniversary. The 25th is silver. We heard about the barracudas too. Apparently someone here was attacked by one this year and required over a hundred stitches. Saw parrot fish, though, and so many other beautiful creatures and coral formations.

Bob Urell
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 05:09 am:   

Hey Jeff,
You know, that barracuda seemed more annoyed with me for swimming the wrong way in the lane. He just flipped me off and gave me the stink-eye.
Did you see any sea snakes? They're weird over there, not like anywhere else I've ever seen them. Most places they seem to hang out on the surface most of the time, but the ones in Curacao hugged bottom every time I saw them. But yeah, there were times it felt like I was snorkeling in an aquarium, there were so many beautiful tropical fish so close. The life guard told us not to feed them, which seemed like an odd thing to have to warn someone about. I guess they had a problem with fat fish....

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration