It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:21 pm:   

Tonight I got a spam e-mail from Darren Stevens. Fuck, man, I was Bewitched. I'm having visions of old TV characters sending out e-mails from beyond the rerun grave. If anyone gets one from Manix, tell him Peggy's gonna be late. If you get one from Aunt Bea, tell her to sit on it and rotate.

Luis
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:50 pm:   

That's nothing. I got spam from Jesus Christ once.

Best,
Luís

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:55 pm:   

Luis: Was he offering Salvation or Penis Enlargement?

rick bowes
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:40 pm:   

No. Low Mortgage Rates!
Even With Bad Credit!

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:52 pm:   

Rick: The e-mail Darren sent was weird. He wasn't selling anything. It was just some strange gibberishing of words. Have you ever seen that kind of spam before? I would have prefered to have heard from Doctor Bombay. He's undoubtedly be hawking cheap meds no prescription necessary.

rick bowes
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 11:12 pm:   

Yeah, I have. I just assume that the program they're using to send the stuff has gotten fouled up. Or maybe old Darren is stuck in some obscure circle of hell and is trying to communicate with his fans.

I miss those people who had decided that out of the 2 billion computer users on the planet I was the one whom they were going to trust to help them smuggle 43 million bucks out of Lower Togoland.

mike bishop
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:34 am:   

I don't miss those people, Rick, because I still hear from them, probably six to ten times a day, and sometimes they address me by name. I'd be happy to hear from Darren Stevens or Edith Bunker or Richard Diamond or . . . anyone but a Nigerian named, uh, Uwem Markdone or Condileeza Dick or Ohira Mototabai. Umm.

Carl Kolchak
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:37 am:   

You have apparently stumbled on an occult conspiracy that reaches into the secret heart of American culture. Off to investigate. Will be in touch.

Mr. Haney
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:49 am:   

Carl: Watch out for the Rakshasa! I'll put a call into Barnaby Jones. If he can lay down the crack pipe for a couple of hours, I'll have him stumble over to help you.

Still the Lump
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:24 pm:   

Jeff,

I got one of those penis-enlargement e-mails. It said if I bought their product, my penis would "grow up to three inches GUARANTEED."

Well, I had to laugh. My penis grows up to three inches now!

Best,
Lumpy Rutherford

rick bowes
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:01 pm:   

Mike: I had an anti-spam system installed that got rid of them. Not the "Shrink Your Mortgage And Enlarge You Penis" folks, though. They're with me for good.

mike bishop
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 04:26 am:   

Rick,
My server has somehow managed to get rid of the sort you mention, but not the ones from Nigerian "Spanish prisoner" aficionados. Go figure. Anyway, what's your anti-spam system?

rick bowes
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 09:16 am:   

Mike

Norton.

I was told I was probably still getting the mortgage spam because I got a mortgage a few years ago through a broker and the spammers had hijacked a legitimate list. Don't know where the Nigerian Murphy Game folks get their lists

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration