Secret Life Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » Secret Life « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:16 am:   

Jeff VanderMeer's story collection, "Secret Life," is available now from the publisher, Golden Gryphon, and will be soon on Amazon.com. I wrote the introduction to this book and got a chance to read the whole thing already. I already got paid for my work on this, so I have nothing to gain by plugging this book, save the pleasure of turning readers on to a great experience. If you're a VanderMeer fan, I know you're already scraping together the cover price for one of these, but if you haven't read anything by Jeff, this is a great place to start. The collection really demonstrates his incredible breadth as a writer. The number of different types of styles, plots, story structures, visions of these tales is mind blowing. The writing in everyone of them is captivating.
I have no doubt that this will be among the best collections of the year, if not the best collection
of the year. The book's got an awesome cover, colorful and strange. Golden Gryphon doesn't do huge print runs, so I'm telling you, get em while their hot. This baby is going to go fast.

Best,

Jeff

ellen
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:23 am:   

Very much looking forward to it.

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 11:55 am:   

Jeff, thanks for the head's-up. I see you have another GG collection coming in 2006. Can't wait for that one, either!

JV
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 04:27 pm:   

Thanks, Jeff! And, yeah, I'm looking forward to your collection, too.
JeffV

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration