World Fantasy Award Nominations Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Ford, Jeffrey » World Fantasy Award Nominations « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick Bowes
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 05:54 am:   

WOW!

No nomination for Best Artist, but you're everywhere else.

Deservedly even!

Richard Parks
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 06:02 am:   

Congratulations on your *4* WFA nominations. You Rock, dood!

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 06:13 am:   

Well-deserved Mr. Ford, well-deserved. Well I get the chance to meet you at World Fantasy?

JK

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 06:15 am:   

Rick: WOW! was basically my reaction as well. It's a bit unnerving, but something I'm sure I'll learn to live with. As for the art work, I asked them up to see my etchings but had no takers. Thanks for the well wishes.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 06:18 am:   

Richard: Thanks and the same back to you. Ogre's Wife is a terrific collection. I hope to see you at the WFC again this year.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 06:19 am:   

John: Thanks. Yeah, I'll be in DC this year. Looking forward to meeting you.

Best,

Jeff

LeslieWhat
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 08:22 am:   

Congrats, Jeff, and good luck. Meet me, too, while you're at it. (I would offer congrats to Richard Parks but I need to find your topic first)

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 08:44 am:   

Leslie: Thanks! You're going to be in DC? That's great. Will meet you.

Best,

Jeff

JV
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 08:58 am:   

Jeff:

I think you're going to tie with yourself for best short story and they'll give you two fantasy awards in that category. Then I think you're going to win the novel category. And then I think you're going to kick ass in the short story collection category. It'll be the New Jersey mafia, cleaning house.

Congrats!

Leslie--hope to meet you there, too.

JeffV

Robert Devereux
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 09:30 am:   

Wow, 2 nominations in one category. Congratulations.

I'll give a general congratulations here to all those nominated (instead of jumping onto lots of different boards).

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 09:40 am:   

Congrats, Jeff. Well deserved! Looking forward to seeing you at WFC.

Forrest

LeslieWhat
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 12:38 pm:   

Jeff V, congrats and good luck to you as well (hope my congrats don't cancel out the others) and look forward to meeting you, too.

Rajan
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 12:56 pm:   

Congratulations!

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 01:29 pm:   

JeffV: Thanks, man, but let's not get crazy. Of course, same your way for City of Saints and Madmen and Lev. 3

Forrest: Thanks and same to you for Lev. 3. You guys really did a superb job with that anthology and I'm glad the judges recognized it.

Robert: Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Rajan: Thank you too, for stopping in and for the well wishes.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 01:50 pm:   

Wow Jeff,

Too bad I'm at the other side of the world. Would have been great to shake your hand!

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Cheers!

S. Hamm
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 04:21 pm:   

As for the art work, I asked them up to see my etchings but had no takers.

Jeff,

I have spoken to a couple of the WFA judges, both of whom were under the mistaken impression that you had invited them up to see your "itchings." A brief note of clarification might be in order here.

Apart from that, well done, sir!

Sammy

JV
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 05:11 pm:   

Yes, I got carried away. Sudden surge of adrenaline. Now composed. Calm.
JeffV

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 05:11 pm:   

Cornelis: Thanks very much and for keeping you fingers crossed. Hope you are well.

Sam: My itchings are my etchings. I've scratched the Mona Lisa onto my ass. A perfect likeness of Da Vinci's masterpiece, save the split personality. Now she's glancing cheek to cheek. Thanks a mill.

Best,

Jeff

ben peek
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 07:57 pm:   

hey, congrats, jeff.

i think this might be the final push i need to get myself a copy of your short story collection. (which has always been on that, yes, i'll buy it soon mental list.)

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 - 08:44 pm:   

ben: Thanks. I understand the buy it soon mental list. I also have one of those. Hope the book makes the synapse jump to the buy it now mental list. Sometimes I have them where they jump one way and then back again when I see them in the store. You never know what's going to get you to buy a book.

Best,

Jeff

Maureen McHugh
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 06:58 am:   

Jeff! Four nominations! You will bestride DC like royalty! Or something!

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 07:41 am:   

Maureen: Yeah, or something is probably more like it. I'm definitely not complaining.
As the teaching year draws closer, memories of my rocking chair in the corner of the deck, looking out over the mountain, loom large.
Hope your summer has been a good one.

Best,

Jeff

GabrielM
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 09:01 am:   

Congrats, Jeff. Best slate in ages, I think. I'm particularly glad to see both you and Graham get the nod for the novel and you the other Jeff for the collection, even if it divides my loyalties. May the best Jeff win! See you in DC. I'm now actually excited to go to the banquet....

JV
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 09:11 am:   

The coolest thing to me about this ballot, frankly, knowing how hard Jeff F has worked, and just having read page after page of just stunning prose, are those 4 nominations for Jeff F. The banquet's going to be fun no matter what happens.

Jeff

Eric Schaller
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 10:02 am:   

Having Jeffs to pull for in the award categories gives me not only incentive to attend WFC but to go to the award ceremony as well, something that I missed the last couple of years.

The loud nuisance in the crowd will be me: "Hey Jeff, show us your Da Vinci!"

Congratulations--Eric

Rick Bowes
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 12:36 pm:   

GabrielM said:

Best slate in ages, I think.

Yes, it's remarkably strong.
Though I'm surprised there's no Alex Irvine.
(hardly seem like short lists without him).

Luís
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 07:16 pm:   

Many congratulations, Jeff! I hope you get at least one of the awards, especially Best Novel -- Mrs C. was one of my favourite books of last year.

Best,
Luís

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 09:07 pm:   

GabeM: Thanks. Glad to hear you will be going to DC. Any chance you might make the Trampoline reading in NYC on Sept. 18th?

Eric: Thanks. And just tonight I got a copy of Year's Best Fantasy & Horror and saw your Nemonymous story in there. Will be checking it out this weekend. Looks great.

Rick: Irvine has too many god damn awards this year already. Though I did half expect to see it there on the list too.

Luis: Thanks and thanks for running a piece of the book on Fantastic Metropolis this year.

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 09:12 pm:   

Also, in discovering Eric's story in YBF&H, I also came across something about Robert Devereux, who had posted earlier today. I've seen his name on the message boards here from time to time and I knew I was familiar with it but couldn't remember from where. Tonight it came to me through reading the intro to the anthology that he is the author of Santa Steps Out -- a really delightful dark-comic-fantasy I read a couple of years ago. I never put the name with it, though. I'm kind of slow with stuff like that. But Robert, if you see this, that book is a crack and a half. I really enjoyed it.

Best,

Jeff

ben peek
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 - 09:51 pm:   

jeff: that mental list jumps back and forth all the time with me, and then suddenly finds itself at the mercy of the impulse purchase. but sometimes, you know, you find the finest things that way...

Robert Devereux
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 07:03 am:   

Robert Devereaux is a different person (he has an A in his name, which I lack). Alas, I have no writing talent.

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 07:52 am:   

Robert: Sorry. Even my revelations are half-assed. I'm out of it. Onward.

Best,

Jeff

GabrielM
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 08:52 am:   

>>Any chance you might make the Trampoline reading in NYC on Sept. 18th?

I've got it pencilled in. Barring travel or some such I should be there.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 02:06 pm:   

Hey, Jeff, I think that's the record. Pretty cool.
Odds are the accolade is within your grasp.

Ellen
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 04:53 pm:   

Gabe,
I hope you'll make the KGB reading the night before. It's Jim Patrick Kelly and Theodora Goss.

GabrielM
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:01 pm:   

I do have it pencilled in and noticed the two readings were one day after the other. I also will try to make it this month; I unfortunately missed Delany's July reading because I had to be in Mexico.

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:34 pm:   

Lucius: I doubt that's the record, but be that as it may, I'm thrilled the readers liked the work. As for the accolades, I just write em.

Best,

Jeff

Lucius
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:58 pm:   

Well, it's the record since 1982, I think, when I started noticing such things, which is good enough. I think the odds are pretty strong you'll nab at least one. Because the vote-splitting thing doesn't apply to judged awards, it seems. Better clear a space on the ol' mantle. BTW, I was at Armadillocon this weekend and hung out some with J Picacio. Kind of odd he didn't make the short list. I thought for sure he would.

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:27 pm:   

Lucius: I would have liked to have gone to that con. It sounded like a great bunch of people were there, along with you and John. I'm kind of surprised that he didn't get noticed too, but they will catch up with him eventually or not. He's tearing it up anyway. Speaking of art work, I saw the cover to Floater, and thought it was quite good. When is that coming out? And are you going to be in DC for the WFA this year?

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:32 pm:   

Ellen: Hey, are you muscling in on my attendance requests, here? (I'd put one of those smiley faces here but they never work when I want them to.) I'd like to see that reading at the KGB myself. Would have to stiff work for a day, though. Well, no hardship there. My mind is ablaze with ways to stiff work. Hope my boss isn't reading this.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:42 pm:   

Hey, Jeff...it was a mellower con than I had understood Armadillocon to be, partly because, I think, the hotel this year was kind of lousy. No bar. But I went out with Howard W. and hung out with Ellen and Lou Anders at the Argosy Party, with Gardner and Gordon Van G. and met some of the Texas folks, and a few newish writers whom I hadn't met before and were quite nice, expecially Andrew Fox and Jessica Reinman. Didn't meet Kage Baker, because I didn't see her til the last day and I was sort of on my way out by then. But yeah, it was fun and will have to serve as my vacation until November. I think Floater will be out soonish. Probably next month. The cover was good, I tthought. Quite atmospheric. And yeah, I'm booked for DC. I think I'll just leave for France from there...perhaps bearing a message from the govt. :-) Should be fun. I'm hoping this Avram Davidson collection for which I did an intro will be out by then -- it'd be nice debut for it.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:46 pm:   

PS -- Yeah, like I said, I don't think John needs the award. He's pretty good as a promoter. It'll be nice to see him recognized eventually, though.

Lucius
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 06:59 pm:   

PS -- Yeah, like I said, I don't think John needs the award. He's pretty good as a promoter. It'll be nice to see him recognized eventually, though.

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:04 pm:   

Lucius: No bar? What kind of bullshit is that? I don't drink at home, so when I go to a con, one or two a year, I reserve the right to drink till my pants don't fit, which is usually handily accomplished by the second day.
Is the Davidson book from PS or is it the one that (I'm pretty sure) Mike Walsh is doing? Davidson is one of my all time favorites. Did you know him at all?
Don't think I didn't notice the flaunting of your smiley face acumen in the last post in juxtaposition to my confessed smiley face ineptitude in my post to Ellen. Damn those faces,they mock me. I want to have that power.

Best,

Jeff

Lucius
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:10 pm:   

Jeff--yeah, it was fucking weird. We went in to have a drink and a cigarette and there was a four seat service bar for the restaurant and that was it. Not good. But we found a good bar not far away and did reside there a goodly while.

Yup, it's the Limekiller deal from Walsh. Avram was one of my Clarion teachers and became a fixture of sorts in my life. If you'd like, I'll send you the intro -- it details the realtionship. He, of course, is the one who taught me the use of the face, like.....

:-) :-) :-) :-)

heh heh

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:17 pm:   

Lucius: Damn you and the faces!!!
Yeah, send on the intro. I'd love to see it. I got first interested in Davidson through a novella that someone, I think Tachyon published, The Boss in the Wall. Really a cool piece of fiction.

Best,

Jeff

Lucius
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:23 pm:   

Yup, Boss was cool. I love the Limekiller stuff myself. Anyway, you should have the intro now.

:-)

Avram would have flaunted the faces even more.

Ellen
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 08:26 pm:   

Hey Jeff,
I don't know how to add those damned smiley faces either, except when I start my own new topic. Lucius, so how do I do it when in the middle of a post????

And yeah, no bar or central place to hang out. It was a very weird configuration for a hotel. But I managed to hang out a lot with some of the people I wanted to: Lucius, Deborah Layne, Eileen Gunn,Jessica Reisman, the Argosy folk, Howard W. I only saw Kage Baker in passing and barely got so talk to Bruce Sterling and didn't get to talk to Brad Denton or Laura Mixon and Steve Gould at all --which was disappointing.

Maggie Flinn was there though, and I went shopping with her, Eileen, Sage Walker, and Jenni Hall.

Jeff, far be it from me to suggest you blow off a day of work <g> but you know you'd have fun!

Lucius
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 08:55 pm:   

Ellen, you just type in a colon and a right parenthesis and it changes like magic. Thusly: :-)

Now the secret's out, He'll be coming for me.

Ellen
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 07:22 am:   

:-)
Wow. Cool. I did it. Of course, I'll have to look up all the other emoticon symbols at a different time.
Thank you Lucius.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 07:29 am:   

That was hard, huh? :-)

jeff ford
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 08:26 am:   

OK, if Datlow can do this, so can I. Following this line will be my attempt to make smiley. :-)
My god -- it worked. :-) :-) :-) :-)
I can see how I'll be spending this day. :-(

Richard Parks
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 08:33 am:   

:-) and the world :-) with you. :-( and we'll show up for that, too. ;)

rick bowes
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 08:55 am:   

"so when I go to a con, one or two a year, I reserve the right to drink till my pants don't fit, which is usually handily accomplished by the second day."

By God it's good to see a man with a clear plan and the will to carry it out!

And I feel absolutely retarded I can't produce smiley faces, try though I might to follow the instructions.

Lucius
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 09:54 am:   

Rick,
some people are not meant to have the knowledge. :-)

Zoran Zivkovic
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 11:44 pm:   

Congratulacions, Jeff! Much deserved!

Zoran

ben peek
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 02:20 am:   

congrats, too, jeff, on both. i had finally gotten around to buying and reading a copy of the fantasy writer... and it's well deserving of the award.

Liz W
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 02:49 am:   

Many congratulations, Jeff. :-)

Maureen McHugh
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 06:31 am:   

Jeff! Congrats! I understand that Terri Windling keeps her little Easter Island heads in her bathroom where they line up staring at you.

What are you going to do with yours?

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 06:36 am:   

Many, many congratulations, Jeff :-)

neilw
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 06:42 am:   

Jeff - it's reassuring to know that my instincts are still pretty good. I was pretty sur by the end of last year that Creation was the best short story I'd read all year. Wonderful, well done.

barth
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:06 am:   

what a coup! you must be on cloud 10! congrats, jeff!

Alex
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:10 am:   

Only two? He only won two? What's everyone so excited about?

John Klima
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 07:44 am:   

Maybe you can do better next year Jeff.... Great to see you again.

JK

Rajan Khanna
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 10:02 am:   

Congratulations!

Luis
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 11:09 am:   

Congratulations again for the two awards, Jeff!

Chris Barzak
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 12:28 pm:   

Congratulations, Jeff. And so well deserved. Wish I hadn't had to leave so early and missed seeing you receive them. It was good to see you, though.

Robert Devereux
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 04:03 pm:   

Congratulations Jeff. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to congratulate you in person though.

Kristin Livdahl
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 06:05 pm:   

Congratulations, Jeff! I'm sorry we had to leave before seeing you win the awards. I still owe you three beers, though.

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:00 pm:   

Ben: Thanks very much. And thanks for your encouragement.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:03 pm:   

Liz: Thanks for the well wishes. I expect to see Nine Layers of Sky on the ballot next year.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:06 pm:   

Jay: Missed not seeing you at the convention this year. Thanks for your encouragement and interest in my work. I might see you and Liz over in the UK some time in the spring.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:08 pm:   

Maureen: Thanks!. I don't know where the heads are going to sit. Definitely not in my writing office. That's for sure. Hope you are doing well. Saw some of the Sycamore Hill alumni this past weekend.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:10 pm:   

Neil: Thanks for the well wishes and for your support of "Creation." I'm glad you liked it so much. Hope all is well.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:12 pm:   

Barth: Thanks. Cloud 10 is a good description. Saw some of your fellow Rats down in DC.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:14 pm:   

Young Irvine: Where's my fucking JPPN?

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:16 pm:   

John: Thanks! Glad we got a chance to talk. As far as next year, I'll do my best. I'll be in touch soon.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:17 pm:   

Rajan: Thanks! I appreciate it.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:18 pm:   

Luis: Thanks! Just dropped you an e-mail.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:19 pm:   

Chris: Had a great time hanging out and talking to you and Rick on Friday. Thanks for the well-wishes.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:21 pm:   

Robert: Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. I'm sure I'll run into you at one of these things eventually.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 08:23 pm:   

Kristin: The beers keep piling up. I think I'm going to wait for paybacks till you owe me a case. Great seeing you this weekend. Thanks for the well wishes.

Best,

Jeff

Richard Parks
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 09:39 pm:   

Congrats again!

ellen
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 10:48 pm:   

Yayyyyyyy!!!!
You rule!

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 05:40 am:   

Congratulations again, Jeff. You've been deserving a couple more of those trophies for a while!

Forrest

Andreas Black
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 08:12 am:   

Just saw the list of winners last night. Congrats, Jeff.

JV
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 08:24 am:   

Congratulations, Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!

JeffV

P.S. You can do curls with the statues, although it would be useful if they were a little heavier.

MarkR
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 09:14 am:   

Well done, man. And well deserved, too. Planning to pick up another couple next year?????

Great to meet you, Jeff.

- Dr. Roberts

LeslieWhat
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 11:23 am:   

Congrats, Jeff. Does this mean they got it half right?

Trent
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 07:53 pm:   

Congrats, Jeff. Great story.

Vera Nazarian
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 09:06 pm:   

Yaaay, Jeff! Congratulations!!! :-)

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 05:57 am:   

Richard: Thanks! It was an honor to have been on the ballot along with The Ogre's Wife. It's a terrific collection, work to be proud of, which, of course, is the best reward of all.

Best,

Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 06:03 am:   

Ellen, Forrest, Andreas, Jeff, Mark, Leslie, Trent, Vera:
Wanted to thank you each individually as your collective interest in my work has been great encouragement, but I'm heading out of town in a few minutes and did not want to wait a whole week on this. Thanks!

Ellen, Forrest, Jeff: Congratulations yourselves on the pewter heads. Well deserved all around.

Best,

Jeff

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 04:24 am:   

A late congratulations from your number one Dutch fan! Cheers Jeff!

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 06:49 am:   

Cornelis: Thanks very much! Hey, I met a guy in Nantes this past weekend at the Utopiales Festival who is a well known Fantasy writer in Holland -- W.J. Maryson. He's a great guy. We drank a lot of wine and talked quite a bit. Do you know of him?

Best,

Jeff

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 02:01 pm:   

DUDE! Ofcourse I know Wim Stolk! Hehehehe... Well his writing anyways. We exchanged some spicy conversation on a dutch forum. Very nice guy, don't like his writing though. He does have a very established fan base in Holland and Germany.

Cool you met him! I know he was going there to go see Jaio Barreiros.

Did Maryson know you Jeff (your fiction that is)? Cause he probably got to know you due to my postings on a Dutch online ficiton!!

It is a small world!

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 02:54 am:   

ficiton = fiction forum

John Picacio
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:50 pm:   

Hey, Jeff --

After you emailed me this morning, I saw the complete list of '04 World Fantasy nominations and saw that "The Empire of Ice Cream" racked up in the Best Novella category. Congrats, man!

Man, that story's got legs!!! Best of luck in the Hugos and in the WFA runnings.

Your pal,
John

JV
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:54 pm:   

Yeah--congrats!
Jeff

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:16 pm:   

John and Jeff: Thanks and same at yas both.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:19 pm:   

Jeff, Congrats....

rwexler
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:28 pm:   

Congrats, Mr. Ford.

Robert Devereux
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:19 pm:   

Congratulations. I normally loathe reading fiction online, but I was completely engrossed by the story.

Richard Parks
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:27 pm:   

Congratulations. You are on such a roll!

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:56 pm:   

Lucius: Thanks! I see you guys are assiduously discussing the college football scene in preparation for the end of the year bowl tournament. I am also preparing by ignoring news of all teams. Hey, are you going to any of these cons this fall?

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:57 pm:   

Thank you, Mr. Wexler. I appreciate it.

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 02:58 pm:   

Robert: Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the congrats!

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:00 pm:   

Richard: Thanks! It's fun but also somewhat scary.
Time to dig deep into the writing.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:00 pm:   

Jeff, though nominationless :-( I will be in Tempe.

Keep practicing the zen of football....

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:03 pm:   

Lucius: If I was voting, you wouldn't have been. Looking forward to a few boisson in the land of the blue hairs.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:20 pm:   

blue hairs and great miniature golf courses..
They have a play-thru Taj Majal in Tempe....:-)

EDatlow
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:56 pm:   

Do they????? Anyone want to go play? Lucius... are you serious?

jeff ford
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 04:35 pm:   

I'm always up for some puff and putt.

Lucius
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 04:54 pm:   

Yeah, they have opulent miniature golf courses in Tempe, Scottsdale....I;m up for it,

EDatlow
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 05:55 pm:   

Super!

ben peek
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 03:55 am:   

hey, congrats, jeff. or, you know, superness in putt putt.

wait, i think i've gotten confused in the two joys...

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 06:05 am:   

Thanks, Ben. I appreciate it.

Jonathan
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 09:59 am:   

Jeff: Congrats on the nomination. Ice Cream is a terrific story and deserves to be on the ballot. The quality of work you're producing right now is amazing. Can't wait to see that collection.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 10:29 am:   

Congrats Jeff! Wow, good show!

JV
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 10:34 am:   

Miniature golf? Damn. Now I wish I was going. Maybe I'll find a way to go.

JeffV

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 12:50 pm:   

Jonathan: Thanks for the kind words and thanks to you and Karen for putting the story in a book so people who like to read it that way can.

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 12:52 pm:   

Cornelis: How you doing? Thanks for the congrats. What's up with the writing?

jeff ford
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 12:53 pm:   

JeffV: That's right. Miniature gold in a hundred degree heat with a hangover -- it doesn't get much sweeter than that. Better call the travel agent immediately.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 02:59 am:   

Doing fine Jeff! Two stories published and four accepted for publication so far! I'm on a roll here....

jeff ford
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 05:28 am:   

Cornelis: Damn, you're kicking ass. Way to go. Don't forget to let me know about any others in the future.

Bob Urell
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 02:48 am:   

Good on you, Jeff. I've got my fingers crossed.

Rajan Khanna
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 05:16 am:   

Congratulations, Jeff! It's much deserved. That story is amazing.

Kirsten Bishop
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 06:31 am:   

Congrats, Jeff, and good luck. Re the heat, maybe they have indoor airconditioned minigolf. (Hey, how about mini ice hockey?)

jeff ford
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 08:51 am:   

Bob: Thanks! I appreciate it. Hope you are doing well.

Rajan: I'm glad you liked the story. Thanks for dropping a line.

KJ: Anything, and I mean anything, airconditioned is better than anything not airconditioned. And even though I already told you. Best of luck with Etched City, I dig that book maybe even more than airconditioning.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 09:14 am:   

Will do Jeff! Thanks for the attention.... =]

Kirsten Bishop
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 09:43 am:   

Jeff: Thanks, mate. Yesterday I went from Liverpool to London in a train with broken aircon and no windows that you could open. In a heatwave. After 3 hours there was no literature that I preferred to airconditioning.

rick bowes
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 01:25 pm:   

Jeff wrote "That's right. Miniature gold in a hundred degree heat with a hangover -- it doesn't get much sweeter than that. Better call the travel agent immediately."

It's true - a hangover makes everything just a little bit better!

EDatlow
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 05:54 pm:   

Kirsten,
Congratulations!!

maryson
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 03:49 pm:   

Hey Jeff, it is final: I will be in Tempe. How could it not be: wining and dining with you AND Lucius. It must be close to heaven, there.
Staying with the Bissons, doing some sightseeing in and around SFO.
Look forward to some "cheers" with you.

Luis
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 07:46 pm:   

Jeff, congratulations for the "Empire" nomination! I hope you win this one too!

Cheers,
Luís

jeff ford
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 08:44 pm:   

Wim: Glad you found me here. Great news your going to Tempe, although I believe we might find it closer to Hell than Heaven. Still with you and Terry and Lucius and the proper libation it should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing you there. Hope all is well.

jeff ford
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 08:45 pm:   

Luis: Thanks. I appreciate it. Hope you got the essay. i'll be in touch.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 11:18 pm:   

Keep your eye on Maryson Jeff! Before you know it he's stuffin stroopwafels down yer throat, clogging wooden shoes on yer feet and spraying tulips around yer garden! ;)

Luis
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 12:34 am:   

Jeff: got your essay, the changes look perfect. Thanks!

And Wim: Hi! Sorry I failed to notice you immediately! Hope you're doing well. Any luck with those Portuguese publishers you talked to last year?

All best,
Luís

maryson
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 02:48 am:   

Jeff: all is well, almost too well...

Luis: How are you doing?
Livros do Brasil is translating as we speak. Already received my money. I'll keep you posted about that.

jeff ford
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 05:53 am:   

Cornelis: This board does boast more Dutch writers per square inch than any other at Night Shade. With the way things are going over here, keep me a spot amidst the tulips.

Wim:"all is well, almost too well..." Waiting for the other shoe to drop? Believe me, I don't know it well, but I am familiar with the curse of too well.

Cornelis Alderlieste
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 12:12 pm:   

Well, I am not really a writer (not yet)! At least not an established one! You have to go see Wim about that!

Luis
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 08:40 pm:   

Wim: Fantastic news! I'll keep my eye open for new releases and will buy the books as soon as they're out. I may have other good news for you soon-ish, but I'm waiting until a few projects I'm involved with become reality (or at least not so vaporous).

Cheers,
Luís

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration