HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

What "why aren't we crying?" Might Me...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » The Fortress of Words » What "why aren't we crying?" Might Mean « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gwenda B.
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 02:40 am:   

There seem to be more questions about the theme for our next issue, so I thought I'd start a thread about it here.

Of course, all our themes are as open to interpretation as the writer/artist/poet wants them to be, so long as the work comments on some aspect of it in a relevant way. (Or can convince us they've done this--which isn't that hard.)

The original inspiration for this particular theme, ...why aren't we crying?, was the current political climate and state of the union. (We vacillated between this and ...why aren't we laughing?) We've yet to receive any even tangentally political submissions (that we've read anyway), but would love to see some--overt or subtle. But what I said above stands, too. The theme is a broad one and can go many places. In fact, that's the only way it'll end up being an interesting issue.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them here or email Christopher or me.

Our reading period for this issue lasts until... April 1 or 15, I think, but I'll have to look that up to be sure and it's currently 5 in the morning so I'm not gonna.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

barth
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:45 pm:   

or maybe the next one should be "say...why aren't we soiling ourselves in abject fright?"

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |