That idiot who talked to you at WFC Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » VanderMeer, Jeff » That idiot who talked to you at WFC « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

William Lexner
Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 08:25 am:   

Yeah, so I'm the guy who said something to the effect that 'I read your blog, enjoy it, but don't agree with you on everything.'

Then went on to attribute a comment to you that you did not make.

Sorry about that......you really put me on the spot with the question as to what I disagreed with, as silly as that sounds. (I was having a slight fanboy moment, after all) Your non-fiction, your blog, and your posts here sort of melded together for an instant, but all I could remember was something that has been passed around and attributed to you. It also seems as if I was not the only one confused.....

http://www.asimovs.com/discus/messages/2/4549.html?1133616432

So it seems a quote by one Jeffrey Owens here on the Night Shade forums has been confused as a quote by you and spread about the internet as such. (I know it was attributed to you on the Martin Forums) Fucking insanity, this intranet thing.

I apologize again for my misinformation. You seemed a bit steamed and I assure you, as a fan, that was not my intention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JV
Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 08:08 am:   

Dude, I wasn't steamed at you. Honestly--that'd be killing the messenger. I just was irritated that something like that had been spread, especially since I like his work and Martin and I have the same publisher and have met, briefly.

I thought we had a nice talk. And thanks for tracking it down.

I thought it was cool of you to to be honest and say you didn't agree with everything on the blog. Hell, I don't agree with everything on the blog.

Jeff

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration