Sweetness and Light Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » VanderMeer, Jeff » Sweetness and Light « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JV
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 06:52 am:   

To counterbalance recent threads created on the NS boards to house insults or controversy, this thread has been created solely to house comments or discussion dealing with wholesome, fun, and *kind* issues.

JeffV

"Be Brave But Be Kind" - The National

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 09:16 am:   

Cintron-Margarito sucked....Oops. Wrong thread. :-)

Maybe this falls under the heading of fun.

JV
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 10:51 am:   

LOL! I missed it. The pay-per-view didn't come on!! Arggh!

I think that's the right thread--or right enough. :-)

JeffV

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 11:05 am:   

You didn't miss a thing. Cintron absolutely fell apart. He just wasn't ready. He was in tears at the end of the fight and close to tears before the end.

JV
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 11:44 am:   

Wow. I wouldn't have expected that!

JeffV

Lucius
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 11:53 am:   

Yeah, he was obviously not prepared. He got hit by M and went to pieces; then he got cut and went to pieces further; then he got knocked down and from that point on he came apart and was looking to his corner to stop it.

The heavyweight bout, surprisingly was entertaing. Mosely won but didn't look good. Waste of 30 bucks.

gary gibson
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 10:20 am:   

I was going to mention some fluffy bunny rabbits i met in a bar who were on their way to see a king about bringing back the rainbow sky, since i figured that would be in keeping with the tone here, Jeff, but then they all got mixematosis and ripped my throat out. bummer.

AnneS
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 03:43 am:   

So much for sweetness and light...

Is it really such a rare commodity these days.

I call one of my cats "sweetness and light" every so often.

AnnaT
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 03:23 pm:   

A lamp made of a ball of spun sugar threads, hung from a fence so that the light of the rising sun hits it, and the drops of dew beading it (if it hasn't been eaten during the night by a possum or bushrat or flying fox).
But is this thread about a fight? Will this do: the morning's dust-up beak to open beak, between rampant king parrots. It's never serious. When they stretch their necks out and open their beaks they look like feathered tortoises. They don't even touch. Just show how big they can open wide, and then get on to the business of eating and walking around like sailors.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration