New IAF web site has gone live Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Interstitial Arts Foundation » New IAF web site has gone live « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Midori Snyder
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 02:56 pm:   

I am pleased to announce the new and much expanded Interstitial Arts web site went live today!

Here's hoping you will find it interesting.

Midori

midori
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 03:19 pm:   

Well that's weird...I could have sworn I typed in the address. Here it is

www.artistswithoutborders.org

des
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 07:37 am:   

Looks to be a fine site and I shall continue enjoying the read of it. And good luck with it and with the oganisation.

But 'artists without borders'? Perhaps the biggest strongest borders are names and reputations...
des

JV
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 07:49 am:   

Midori:

The IA site is AMAZING!!!! Truly wonderful in look-and-feel and the content. A great resource!!

JeffV

Neal Stanifer
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 07:50 am:   

Midori -- I just checked out the site. Nice work, visually, and easy to navigate. What software did you use? And who's the little stag-horned fellow at lower right? He seems quite pleased to be where he is.

One question/suggestion: Would it be a lot of extra trouble to incorporate a "printer-friendly" option for the essays? I like to hold paper in my hands when I read.

Robert Devereux
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 08:24 am:   

Very nice looking site.

I will repeat Neal's request - I would rather have the essays in hand to read them.

Forrest
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 08:31 am:   

That's a gorgeous site. Can't wait to comb the content.

Midori
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 01:59 pm:   

Thank you all for the nice response! The site was designed by an amazing group here in Milwaukee called Homeboyz Interactive. It was founded by a Jesuit who was looking for a way to get kids (especially the Hispanic kids of his neighborhood) out of the gangs and into something more reliable in terms of a future. And since many of the kids were street graffiti artists giving them skills in html and web design seemed both a natural and practical fit. Homeboyz motto is "nothing stops a bullet like a job." They have been really successful and currently have quite a few big corporate and university clients. (check out the homepages for Johnsonville Brats--hey this is Wisconsin remember--the use of Flash is hilarious--especially in the "just for fun" link.) The kids are great--and brillant in their flair and ideas. Our site was designed by a twenty year old artist and web designer Alejandro Solis. But we were also really fortunate when the artist Mark Wagner so generously opened his gallery of work to us and basically said take what you need--as did photographer Stu Jenks, and British artist Virginia Lee. It is Mark's wonderful "magician" who graces the bottom of our pages and much of the art in the banners. Take a look at his work on line--www.heartsandbones.com. While we used work from all over his site (and he is everywhere! film/games/digital/fine art) you may find the galleries of fine really interesting--for one thing the work is for sale.

Neal: Thanks for the "printer-friendly" suggestion! Not even a day old and I am already taking suggestions and planning for the update in a few months. This a great suggestion as I often take advantage of the option if I can myself! Do also check back often at the "When" section--for upcoming events, appearances, conferences and a catch all category called "In the Media." This section will be updated frequently--probably once a week if we get in a lot of material.

And please feel free to contact us if you have ideas for essays, performers/artists/musicans we should feature. We want the site to continue growing and evolving. Thanks again!

midori
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 03:05 pm:   

Aargh..I just double checked! The Johnsonville Brat site hasn't gone live yet (yeah and here I am thinking you've all rushed out to check it out!)sorry about that--the old site is awwwful--unless you love that fifties look...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration