Read Me: Messages from the Moderators Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Interstitial Arts Foundation » Read Me: Messages from the Moderators « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Interstitial
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 10:30 am:   

I am now opening up the IAF Discussion Boards for fun and games! Welcome to the discussion!

If you want to know more about interstitial arts before plunging into the fray, check out the Interstitial Arts Website and take a look at the Interstitial Arts Foundation FAQ.

I've set up thirteen major threads to start out with. If you want to start another one because I've missed something, go for it. If, as the boards get more complex, we need subtopics inside those major threads (for instance, discussion of Angela Carter is swamping the lit thread and we want to cordon her off into her own thread so other topics can get time), feel free to start them. I'll do my best to make sure that such subtopics don't become redundant--if they do, I'll prune.

If you'd like to get in touch with me to discuss the boards, email me at schanoes@dept.english.upenn.edu

There's been so much traffic on the listserv that I'm sure everybody wants to stop reading this and go on to posting. So...go already!

Rest assured that all will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well--I shall come down on flames and trolls like the wrath of God, and in return, all you have to do is avoid writing "c u l8r" and other such things that will make me tear my hair out in frustration. Many thanks.

Veronica Schanoes
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 10:48 am:   

I have moved the very popular thread "The Microbial approach to Revolution" into the "Written Words" thread.

When I move threads I will most likely do it because it either duplicates an existing thread or is a subset of an existing thread. I want to keep the boards as clean as possible, so that it's easy for everybody, especially for newcomers, to find the stuff they're interested in. Whenever I move a thread, I will *always* announce it in this thread, so that afficianados of the moved thread can easily find it again.

Veronica Schanoes
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 10:51 am:   

In the same spirit, I've moved the much-needed thread "Interstitial Writers/Interstitial Artists" to the "What's it all about: how you define interstitiality thread."

Veronica Schanoes
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 06:23 pm:   

I've received a couple of emails noting that it's difficult to see the subthreads, as they come at the very top of the thread and are displayed in a very small font. I have not been able to enlarge the font of the subthreads, which are difficult to spot. One of the emails suggested that I move the individual messages into the main thread. I'll be doing that tonight and tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to post to one of the subthreads, it's at the top of the page before any messages.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration