Jeffrey at Shocklines Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » Jeffrey at Shocklines « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 08:01 am:   

Shocklines.com has a section devoted to my books and to numerous anthologies in which I appear. They're just a terrific place to shop for work by all sorts of authors. Go to the link below:
http://store.yahoo.net/shocklines/jeffreythomas.html

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 09:23 am:   

Now in stock at Shocklines (see link in message above) are my first novel MONSTROCITY and the paperback version of my first collection, TERROR INCOGNITA. :-)

Mastadge
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 01:59 pm:   

I just preordered the PUNKTOWN SPECIAL EDITION and LETTERS FROM HADES.

Just letting you know.

Gah! I've already got too many books waiting to be read, and now there are two more on the list!

Jeffrey
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 01:32 pm:   

Judging from the list of books you've already read in 2003 (see other thread), you should have mine done in a few hours! :-) But I know what you mean...it's sad to think that I won't live long enough to read all the books I'd like to. Anyway, THANKS for ordering these!!!!! Not sure when Prime's special edition of PUNKTOWN will be out (late this year I THINK) but LETTERS FROM HADES will be out in May...just around the corner.

Montmorency
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 07:08 pm:   

I have to confess that I mistook you for the author who wrote Terror Firma, and recently I found out that was Matthew Thomas. Mmm... have you got a third brother in UK? :-)

Anyway, I wrote down the title Punktown in my to buy list but somehow failed to obtain it while it was available. I'll definitely purchase the hardcover. Do they send it to Japan? Or I may try Dreamhaven or Cold Tonnage.

Jeffrey
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 05:54 pm:   

Huh, that's funny about Matthew Thomas! (TERROR FIRMA; why didn't I think of that?) I have a third brother, Craig, but he's in the states. Glad you're interested in PUNKTOWN, the Prime hardcover version; not sure about Japan, though...??? I know my collection AAAIIIEEE!!! can be had at Japan's version of Amazon.com. I'm not familiar with Dreamhaven or Cold Tonnage; guess I should have a look at those places!

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 06:02 pm:   

Wow, Montmorency (Monty for short?), I perused your list of books read in 2003...you say English slows your reading by half? That's amazing, because that's quite a list! I'm intrigued that you're Japanese. Have you ever read Mishima? One of my favorite authors (though I've only read two of his novels and two collections of his short stories thus far). I'm a bit obsessed with him.

Montmorency
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 06:19 pm:   

I'm afraid I read only a few of accessible titles -- Golden Pavillion and such -- in my low teens when I wasn't ready to appreciate them. I believe I should go back to them.

Jeffrey
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 12:47 pm:   

I love his short fiction. I consider two of these, SWADDLING CLOTHES and THERMOS BOTTLES, to be understated horror stories. The novels of his that I've read are THIRST FOR LOVE (brilliant and disturbing) and THE SAILOR WHO FELL FROM GHRACE WITH THE SEA (even more brilliant and disturbing). Did you ever see the fascinating film of his life, MISHIMA, directed by Paul Schrader? TEMPLE OF THE GOLDEN PAVILLION was one of the storylines that interwove through the film. I've never seen the film of SAILOR WHO FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE SEA; not sure how well it would translate to the British setting of the movie.

Mike Williams
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 05:40 am:   

Do you know when Prime Books are shipping Monstrocity? Their website said "available" when I ordered 4 weeks ago (as it does today) - but no show.

I'm moving house in a couple of days, from US back to Oz.

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 06:37 am:   

Which edition did you order? I believe the TPB was still on preorder, but I got the HC very promptly when I ordered it. . .

Jeffrey
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 10:43 am:   

Wow, Mike, I don't know...the hardcover's been shipping out for a while. I'd send Prime an email to inquire if I were you. :-(

You're moving to...Oz? "Oz" Oz?

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 11:04 am:   

I'd guess Australia.

And, whoops, sorry. I didn't order from Prime, but from Shocklines. Does Prime POD? Because that could be the cause for delay. . .

Mike Williams
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 08:13 pm:   

No direct response to an email to Prime, just a ghostly read receipt. I guess that means I'm not going to see the dang thing until I come to the US again and pick up any (successfully)forwarded parcels. :-(

Jeffrey
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 11:26 am:   

I feel badly, Mike. It could well be that Prime is presently out of copies, because where they're POD there's no huge print runs at any one time. They could be in need of a fresh batch. Maybe you could cancel your order, and order it instead from Shocklines? I know they have some copies already in stock...???

Mike Williams
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 11:46 am:   

Primne's site still lists it as available. I've sent a cancellation email to Prime asking for a refund.

Is there an Australian distributor? The shipping costs from the US double the cost of a book (it's much cheaper shipping in the opposite direction).

Jeffrey
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 10:50 am:   

Not sure if there's an Australian distributor, Mike. (Does Australia have its own Amazon? MONSTROCITY is at the British Amazon, for instance.) Sorry you had to cancel. :-( I could send you one of my contributor's copies, free, if you want to just pay me what you think the postage would cost (and if you think maybe you could put that money in my paypal account). ???

Sean Wallace
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:54 am:   

Guys,

I've already taken care of Mr. Williams' order. It appears to be largely a case of miscommunication, missing emails / order, etc. on my part and the order was overlooked. A copy has been duly shipped to his Australian address.

Sean Wallace

Jeffrey
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 01:48 pm:   

Okay, great, Sean - thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration