Jeffrey's projects for 2003-2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » Jeffrey's projects for 2003-2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 07:47 am:   

Hello. I see so many cool people have message boards here and I look forward to dropping in to say hi to all of them, though the prospect is a bit daunting. To start things off at my own board, I thought I'd do the most natural thing - plug myself.

2003 will be a very exciting year for me. First off, of course, I'll be appearing in Night Shade's THACKERY T. LAMBSHEAD anthology this year - I'm delighted to be a part of such a bizarre and exciting book!!! In March, my 2000 hardcover TERROR INCOGNITA will be re-released as a paperback by Delirium Books. In a few months, Delirium will also be releasing a leatherbound, traycased, 26 copy edition of PUNKTOWN with foil cover design by Alan Clark and nine additional pieces of fiction (this book appearing with the kind blessings of the original publisher, Ministry of Whimsy, and of Prime, which will release the "regular" edition of the expanded PUNKTOWN more widely in December). In April, Bedlam Press will release my first novel LETTERS FROM HADES in paperback, hardcover and a 26 copy traycased edition. All three versions will feature 30 interior illustrations by the brilliant Erik Wilson. Closer to summer, Earthling Publications will release my novella GODHEAD DYING DOWNWARDS as a softbound chapbook and as a 15 copy traycased hardcover with cool bonuses. Thomas Ligotti just gave it a terrific blurb. In summer, my novel MONSTROCITY will be released by Prime; it's set in Punktown and has Lovecraftian elements. Tentatively, this year Mythos Books will release UNHOLY DIMENSIONS, which collects pretty much all my Lovecraftian short stories and poems. This year will also see my first short story to appear in CEMETERY DANCE (I was honored to be approached to write something for them).

And 2004 is looking great as well, with Delirium bringing out NETHER, a collection of erotic horror shared with brother Scott Thomas, and featuring our first ever collaborative short story. And in 2004, Prime will release the themed anthology PUNKTOWN: THIRD EYE, featuring stories set in my fantasy city of Punktown but written by a variety of authors. The spirit of the antho is not a tribute to yours truly, but simply a gathering of a bunch of cool writers playing in the same sand box.

Okay, well, I might have forgotten some fantastic project, so I apologize if I did. I'll be adding to this kind of info, in any case, as time goes on. So if you're reading this - WELCOME TO MY BOARD!

simonlogan
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 09:06 am:   

Have we created a monster here?

Wendy Thomas
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 09:59 am:   

Hey Jeffrey! Your sister is amazed and impressed by all the great-sounding projects you've got underway! Keep us "posted" as things progress. Congratulations!

DanNordquist
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 10:55 am:   

Jeffrey - Nice to hear about your latest projects, which was one of my questions for you from the Delerium board, I think. Now that i'm "online" it will be easier to correspond, since my snail mail reluctance is ( I THINK) why our previous correspondence faded to indigo a few years back. I'm still a bit clutzy with computers, and so you will hopefully bear with me. I can give you my best email address on something that's not public. Dan

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 01:05 pm:   

Hi Simon...yeah, it's going to be a monstrous year, after several rather quiet ones. Maybe a little too much packed in all at once, but I am 45 now so time for me is running out. :-) My first PUBLISHED novel this year, finally; I submitted my first FINISHED novel at age 14 - to Lancer books, who were kind enough to return (rather than trash) a handwritten (on blue paper) novel (with no return postage) that was a cross between PLANET OF THE APES and A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, entitled SIX TO SIX, and packaged up in a brown envelope bound with black electrical tape. :-o

Hi, Wendy! Thanks for checking out my board!

Hi, Dan...yes, long time no see, so to speak! Sorry - I know I owe you an email. Been so busy (see above). Yes, my snail mail (I used to hate that term) correspondence has trickled away to nothing since I got a computer...but email is so much more convenient. Even still, hard for me to keep up with it...but I do my best! THANKS for visiting this little nook in cyberspace.

Dave Larsen
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 04:43 pm:   

Greetings and major congratulations, Jeffrey! I'm utterly psyched to see your schedule for this year. Please watch your mailbox for information requests, as I can see my other collecting vices may have to take a side seat to my bookshelf... The Punktown project and Godhead Dying Downstairs sound particularly interesting, count me in! Wow, man.

I'll try to get by here occasionally to see how things develop, you're one of an abbreviated handful of writers I'm still reading, and I'm sure glad to hear about all this new material.

Jeanie & I wrestled over reading rights to Aaaiiieee!!! several nights (occasionally forgoing reading altogether), until we finally finished it about the same time. We could have bought two copies...but why? We each liked different stories, which to me means it's a great book. More to come I see!

Cool.

Dave

gabe
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 08:09 pm:   

Jesus Jeffrey, got enough on your plate?

Who is appearing in this themed antho of yours? And are you still accepting subs?

Hiya Simon L. How are ya?

--gabe chouinard

suzette
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 09:01 pm:   

Hi Jeff,
a posting from your biggest fan.....Suzette
looking forward to your next book. It's always a pleasure to read your books.
I am telling you folks he's gonna be bigger than steven king!!!!

Lots of love, suzette

MicroMan Pictures
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 08:46 pm:   

Hey Jeffrey, you didn't mention your current acting "career", isn't there a movie coming out this summer called GOD IS ALONE that you helped create and have a supporting role in? Hey folks, this is director of GOD IS ALONE, and long time pal of Jeff, Jason Torrey here, and I want you all to know how awsome an artist this man really is. I have never met a deeper mind than Jeffrey Thomas, he inspired my passion for screenwriting and filmmaking, and he is a good friend. I am so happy for Jeff that all these cool looking books are coming out all with his name on the cover where it belongs. Go Jeff! If you get famous first take me with you!! Anyway, visit GODISALONE.com to see pictures of Jeff acting in a movie. Write on, brutha.
-Jason

Dave Larsen
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 03:51 pm:   

Well I'll make a public apology for misspelling the title of Jeffrey's new novella GODHEAD DYING DOWNWARDS. To make it up I got in line for the hardcover. :-) yipee! Now I gotta go check out godisalone.com...

DL

Stepan Chapman
Posted on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 08:05 pm:   

Hello, Jeffrey.

You do sound busy.

I send you best regardules. --Myself, Such As I Am

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 10:48 pm:   

Hi, Stepan...Sue...Jason (yeah, check out GODSIALONE.COM; Jason's a brilliant new film maker who I sure hope gets the exposure he deserves one day)...and Gabe. Thanks for your well wishes. Dave, I'm glad I inspired you and your wife to wrestling over my book. Maybe I can get my wife to wrestle me over it! ;)

More wonderful news: German publisher Festa-Verlag is doing a German-translated version of PUNKTOWN, with a 1973 cover painting (Spell 1) by HR Giger...who will also sign each of the 333 hardcovers, will okay the final design, and who will give copies of the book to his friends. He looks forward to reading the stories, I'm told. :-o I hope he doesn't get too big a laugh out of my interior illustrations!

scott thomas
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 07:20 am:   

Hi Jeffrey,

Congratulations on yet another cool message board. Soon you'll have groupies! This IS going to be a super year for you -- your brilliance deserves every bit of attention it gets...and there'll be lots! You're still my writing hero!

Scott

JeffreyThomas
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 12:52 pm:   

Groupies? That would be cool. Especially if they include: Salma Hayek, Norah Jones, Angelina Jolie, Lisa Bonet, Halle Berry, Anoushka Shankar, Fiona Apple, Nastassja Kinski -- led by their groupie queen and leader of my fan club, Helena Bonham Carter.

Scott Thomas
Posted on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 06:29 pm:   

Hi Jeffrey,

What, no mention of Anna Nichol?

Jeffrey
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 02:47 pm:   

Announcing a new book of my short stories: Delirium Books was going to release a collection of erotic horror by myself and brother Scott Thomas, entitled NETHER: IMPROPER BEDTIME STORIES. This will instead become a 26 copy, traycased "Ultra" book, like my sold-out PUNKTOWN ULTRA. The book will include, among other DVD-style extras, the first collaborative story by Scott and myself, ORANGES AND APPLES. But Delirium will also release the contents of this Ultra version in two *individual* hardcover books (neither of which will feature ORANGES AND APPLES). Scott's collection will be called SHADOWS OF FLESH (he had a chapbook of the same title some years ago, also erotic horror). My book will be called HONEY IS SWEETER THAN BLOOD (the title of a story in the book, taken from the title of a Dali painting). I'm *extremely* proud of the stuff I wrote for this book...hopefully it won't come across as the usual erotic horror fare (i.e. stupid and misogynistic).

In other news, my story GASP will appear in the August CEMETERY DANCE; I sold a story based on the world of my novel LETTERS FROM HADES to an anthology Necro Publications is doing; and my Lovecraftian Punktown novella BONES OF THE OLD ONES was just reprinted in a magazine called DREAMING IN R'LYEH (though they repeatedly spell my name as Jeffery - I HATE that!).

Carry on...

Forrest
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 08:42 pm:   

Congrats, Jeffery, I mean Jeffrey! Some nice sales in there!

Forest, I mean, Forrest.

man, I hate that too!

Mastadge
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 08:29 am:   

Is there any difference between the hardcover and paperback editions of TERROR INCOGNITA?

Jeffrey
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 06:07 am:   

Hi, Mastadge and Forest.

Hardcover TERROR INCOGNITA has a short introduction preceding each story. I removed those from the paperback. The art is different, though both feature the incredible art of Jamie Oberschlake. Contents are the same (two of the stories also appear in my self-published collection AAAIIIEEE!!!). The hardcovers are signed by myself, Mark McLaughlin (who wrote the intro) and the artist. The paperbacks (if got through Shocklines) are signed by me. Thanks for asking!

Mastadge
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 07:19 am:   

Why did you decide to get rid of the introductions?

Jeffrey
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 02:46 pm:   

Well...I hate to say it, but maybe I removed the little story intros because upon its release TERROR INCOGNITA got a HORRENDOUS review by somehow who really tore me apart. She said I wrote like a "romance novelist", and complained that I was writing too much about my "pet peeves" (my son's autism, my wife's deafness...yes, these are pet peeves, I guess). She had some weird chip on her shoulder about weight, because I described a female character as being "slim" - she said something to the effect of, "What author would ever describe a female as slim?" (Huh?) Which pisses me off, because many times I've written stories that comment on men's objectification of women. (Not to say I'm not immune to it, myself; I'm only a human animal, too.) Oddly enough, this review was posted on the web site of a publisher who was releasing *another* book by me - not the best publicity! It was really hurtful...she went psycho on me. I've never had a review a fraction as bad as that. ANYWAY, she said having introductions to the stories was a "sophomoric" idea. And though I shouldn't listen to such things, I became self-conscious about them. (But in his KIND review of TERROR INCOGNITA in ASIMOV'S, Paul Di Filippo found my little intros to be quite interesting.) Anyway, a few of them seemed old to me now, so...

Jay C
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 08:28 am:   

You have some cabinet making to do, sir.

Jeffrey
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 02:29 pm:   

Ah, thanks for the head's-up! I'll be right there, hammer in hand.
- JT

Mastadge
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 06:58 am:   

Jeffrey,

I seem to recall reading something on a website somewhere about AtroCity, a Punktown book with stories by you and Scott. Is this book still in the works, or ever to be published?

Jeffrey
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 10:26 am:   

I sure hope it gets published! It's been in one publisher's hands forever (under consideration; not accepted yet); I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw it from them...

April Harkness
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:55 am:   

Hello Jeffrey and Scott,
When will Delirium Books announce (and take orders for) NETHER: IMPROPER BEDTIME STORIES? I'm looking forward to reading it (if I could afford the $300+ pricetag...)

Jeffrey
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:39 pm:   

Hi, April. The Thomas Brothers' erotic collection NETHER will be out in 2004; not sure when it will be up for preorders, though I'm reading the galleys at present and will be getting the contract in a few days. Not that you SHOULDN'T want to order the Ultra of NETHER :-), but it WILL also be released as two individual hardcovers of I think $40 (?) in price...mine being titled HONEY IS SWEETER THAN BLOOD and Scott's called SHADOWS OF FLESH. The Ultra, NETHER, will have among other extras a story called ORANGES AND APPLES -- believe it or not, the only short story we've ever collaborated on.

Jeffrey
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:27 pm:   

This, from the Delirium Books' email newsletter:

Another new addition to volume 1 in The Dark Homage Series to Lovecraft:
Jeffrey Thomas' novelette ARMS OF THE SUN has been accepted as the third
book in the series of six. Other books include EPIPHANY: A FLYING TIGER'S
STORY by Stephen Mark Rainey and THE SEVENTH VICTIM by Charlee Jacob.

More big names will be announced next month...

http://www.deliriumbooks.com/homage.htm

Mastadge
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 07:19 am:   

Will these book be available individually at any point, or do we have to get the whole set it if we want any of them?

Jeffrey
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:03 am:   

Hi, Mastadge. Not sure, actually - I THINK they were going to be available indiviudually at first but now are being sold only as a set...I'll find out more when I can. (Similarly, not sure yet if my contributor copy includes the other books as well.) Looks like a cool series...

Mastadge
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 01:13 pm:   

I hope they're eventually available individually, because quite frankly I don't have deep enough pockets to keep making these several-hundred-dollar purchases.

Josie
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 06:53 pm:   

Several-hundred-dollar purchases? Mastadge must be one wealthy dude. For the rest of us, well, sooner or later everything gets collected.

Jeffrey
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 04:11 pm:   

Now I feel guilty! :-(

Projects like these are admittedly geared toward the *serious collector*. Me, I don't buy collectable books myself! I like an autograph in a book if I can have it, but even that only means so much to me. I like a good read between two handsome but affordable covers.

Yes, sooner or later all the material in my limited editions tends to appear in another, more affordable format. I'm obviously very flattered by the many requests I've had lately from publishers wanting to produce these beautiful traycase books, etc., but if I write a story I'm proud of, I want more than 26 or so people to see it, ultimately.

Jeffrey
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 03:01 pm:   

Another expensive but extremely cool project here:

http://www.deliriumbooks.com/puppetshow.htm

Can't wait to get my own copy/puppet! Here's the description; very unique concept Delirium Books came up with.

A Puppet Show For No One
A special collectible

written by Jeffrey Thomas; Puppet created by Jesse Wroblewski

Jeffrey Thomas has just turned in what Delirium thinks is one of the most original short stories created in a long time. It's called "A Puppet Show for No One or, The Story of Tristan and Isolde" and features characters which are personified puppets (Tristan and Isolde, among others). This dark fantastic piece of fiction is now offered exclusively through Delirium Books as a unique collector's piece.

Each book will contain the following: a mini deluxe-bound hardcover of the story "A Puppet Show for No One" packaged in an oversized buckram hinged box. In addition to the story, Jeffrey Thomas has agreed to write one original story. This additional story will contain the names of all 26 buyers, as they will be written in as puppets, as the story will be tied in with the main story ("A Puppet Show For No One").

The title of the book will be different for every buyer. If a John Doe purchases one of the twelve, the title of his book will become A PUPPET SHOW FOR JOHN DOE. So each customer will get their name on the actual book title as well as in the personal story written by Jeffrey.

So, why the oversized hinged box? Delirium Books has contracted a puppet maker from New York, Jesse Wroblewski of Puppet Terrors fame, to design and hand craft actual puppets of the character Tristan. Each book will be sold with a 12-inch marionette, based on the character of Tristan, fitted inside the hinged box. Each puppet will be hand-made, so each is one-of-a-kind.

The Tristan puppet will be 12-inches tall and comes already strung. He will have a custom, sculpted jester head. His face will be that of a chiseled, old, wooden jester doll and a sculpted, ratty, flattened jester hat. The back of the head will be hollowed out and filled with bits of cotton stuffing and will also feature a removable spiked brain (based on the actual character's). His body will consist of a spiked, tattered, satin collar, a custom checkered-satin jesterís shirt which will be tattered and torn at the bottom, with bits of sticks and leaves protruding from random tears. His pants will be tattered, black fabric. Sticks and twigs held together by twine will make up his hands and feet.

Jeffrey Thomas has also agreed to create an original foil stamp design for this book as well as to create original artwork that will be mounted to the inside of each hinged box. The artwork will resemble a background, like a stage, when the hinged box is fully opened.

Each book will be dedicated to the buyer and feature a signature sheet, signed by both Jeffrey and Jesse Wroblewski. Signature sheets may be inscribed by Jeffrey if the buyer wishes.

The value of this book can't be measured in a cover price. Jeffrey Thomas (author of such critically-acclaimed books as Punktown and Letters From Hades) is quickly becoming one of the masters of the genre. This one-of-a-kind collector's edition could quite possibly be one of the most valuable books to be created in some time. Based on the author's rising talent and recognition in the fields of horror and science fiction, the value of this rare edition is sure to increase dramatically with time.

RFW
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 11:20 am:   

Wow. That sounds kinda amazing Jeffrey.

Robert

GabrielM
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 12:24 pm:   

Amazing is right. $350 each and all 26 buyers get their names in the story. Fay Weldon, look out!

Jeffrey
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 03:00 pm:   

Now check out this email I just received...it's all getting so bizarre! (This, in regard to my novel BONELAND with Bloodletting Press, which will have a regular hardcover and another of these extravagant traycase thingies). This sounds like it might be a fun playhouse to use the aforementioned marionette in:
At Imagine Metal we recently completed Neverland and have designs for several other titles
for Larry Roberts at Bloodletting set for prototyping.

My team and I are currently working on your lettered tray for Boneland.
Currently the design is for the tray to be a prison execution chamber. If
you don't mind one of my team has some questions on some details of the
book. Like Neverland we've read the book before we started the tray and have
come up with a conceptual design. What we'd like to make sure of is that
important details are very close to your original vision.

We feel that the operating light and buzzer along with the visual details of
the cell, crab/camera and electric chair should come off as one of the most
elaborate trays ever created.

Hope to hear from you soon, we'll send you PDF's as we get further into the
design.

Dave Stucky
Imagine Metals

Forrest
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 05:27 pm:   

Good grief, Jeffrey - you're going to hurt yourself with one of these books!

Personally, I think you should donate a carpal bone to be boxed in each Boneland book.

Forrest

Jeffrey
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 03:25 pm:   

The only thing being hurt is people's wallets, Forrest! But you're either into this sort of delightful madness or you aren't. :-) I'm not going to complain. I have in my hands, to date, traycases for PUNKTOWN, GODHEAD DYING DOWNWARDS and LETTERS FROM HADES and each is so beautiful in its own way. If I donated carpal bones, I wouldn't be able to continue writing, and then there'd be no more expensive traycases, and then...ahh, wait...now I see your plan!

Forrest
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 03:00 pm:   

Mwahahahaha! I just want to see you type with your feet and nose!

Jeffrey
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 07:21 am:   

The only other body part I type with is the one I've nicknamed Seabiscuit. I'm hung like a horse. A sea horse.

Here's where the PUPPET SHOW project - from Delirium, with the marionette - stands:

Just wanted to send a quick update to let everyone know that within 48
hours of announcement, A PUPPET SHOW FOR NO ONE has sold out! Thanks to
Matt Schwartz at Shocklines.com and Tony and Kim at Camelot Books for
making this happen! And to all the customers who purchased this through
the Delirium website. I've talked to Jesse Wroblewski tonight and he's in
the first stages of creating the special puppets for this project. Jeffrey
Thomas, likewise, will be busy creating the story which will feature all
the buyers and the special hinged box artwork and foil design for this
package. Those who purchased this book will be contacted within the next
few days about the inscription / personalization of their one-of-a-kind
editions.

VERY EXCITING. 48 hours...

And the bookmark for the traycase version of BONELAND will be metal, laser-cut, and look like a .45 semiautomatic. That's just too cool. Too damn cool.

Forrest
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 06:46 am:   

Hey, Jeffrey,

Just read your story "Call of the Worms" in the SICK anthology (I'm blurbing, so got a sneak peek) - brilliant! I think it was the best story in the antho, to be honest, The Fisher King meets Lovecraft's Cthonians - but that's not even a fair assesment, this one is all yours and very, very good! Surreal and epic and gross and exciting, all wrapped into one. Great job!

Forrest

Jeffrey
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:37 pm:   

Wow, Forrest - what flattering praise! I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. I can't wait for SICK to come out...I'm sure it's going to be an intriguing anthology. Raw Dog Screaming Press sounds like it's going to put out some really cool books. Thanks again; high praise coming from a LEVIATHAN editor! :-)

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 09:32 am:   

Intriguing is a good word for the SICK anthology -it works well on the anthology level, the individual stories adding to each other and intertwining the reader's (well, this reader's) thoughts. It . . . accretes, and quite well. It's good stuff.

Yes, I'm really curious to see what else Raw Dog Screaming comes out with. I love THE DREAM PEOPLE, so to have print anthos, novels, and collections coming out from the same publisher is fantastic. I think they'll do well. John Lawson has a good head on his shoulders (a demented head, but a good one) and I think he can carry this endeavor far.

Forrest

Forrest
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 09:10 pm:   

Hey, Jeffrey, could you do me a favor and email me your most recent email address? Mine's chromatic30@hotmail.com - thanks!

Forrest

Brian Howell
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 11:02 pm:   

Thanks for your plug (above), Jeffrey. I recently read Junichiro Tanizaki's "The Secret History of The Lord of Musashi", which is Mishima-like in some ways, quite an amazing story (short novel, actually) about a very strange kind of obsession.

Jeffrey
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 02:39 pm:   

Ahhh!!! Brian, I'm so glad you contacted me. I am still working on THE SOUND OF WHITE ANTS (it's my "lunch break" book at work, lunch break for me being 1:15 AM) and my opinion is still that this is the best book I've read this year -- I urge all to seek it out! (It can be had at Shocklines.com) Thanks for the tip about the story, above. Mishima influenced some of the stories I wrote for my book PUNKTOWN, particularly the story "The Flaying Season" (which mentions his story "Patriotism"). I *think* "Flaying Season" ends as do many of the stories in your collection -- abruptly, ambiguously, which some might find disconcerting but I find it unnerving and compelling. (For instance, the end of your story "Idol"; QUITE disturbing and enigmatic.) Good show! I think this is an important collection of high literary quality, and I'm proud to have one of the 50 signed copies! :-)

Brian Howell
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 10:34 pm:   

Thanks a lot, Jeffrey. I will have to look your book out. Any stories online?

Jeffrey
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 08:31 pm:   

I haven't been able to finish your book yet, Brian, because I'm having to proof and polish two of my books, write a new book, other distractions...but I'm anxious to get back to it! Juggling a novel by MIchael Cisco, too. But again -- THE SOUND OF WHITE ANTS is sheer brilliance.

Thanks for asking about my stories...two from my book PUNKTOWN are online at the great site FANTASTIC METROPOLIS, in the FICTION section of course! "The Palace of Nothingness" and "The Reflections of Ghosts".

http://www.fantasticmetropolis.com

Brian Howell
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 07:39 am:   

Thanks, Jeffrey. I'll dig into these.

Brian

Jeffrey
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 07:35 am:   

My novel EVERYBODY SCREAM! has just been released by Raw Dog Screaming Press. It takes place in my city of Punktown, all in the span of a single day, primarily on the grounds of a carnival...following a large cast of characters. Among the problems these people come up against are a cult of beetle-like aliens, murderous drug-dealers, a psychopathic boyfriend, mutant greyhounds with smoke for blood, an adolescent paramilitary street gang, and extradimensional insect gods. It's available at:
http://www.shocklines.com
I have a short story, again set in Punktown, called WILLOW TREE in issue #1 of the cool new magazine INHUMAN, also at Shocklines.com. The issue also features reprints from Robert Silverberg and John "Halloween" Carpenter. The magazine is the brainchild of my friend, wonderful artist Allen Koszowski.
My novel BONELAND recently came out -- and the production is gorgeous. From Bloodletting Press, and again available at Shocklines.com, BONELAND spans the first half of an alternate 20th Century, in which unseen entities from another plane influence wars and more personal acts of human violence. These acts are recorded via organic, insect-like cameras for the entertainment of the mysterious beings -- who call themselves the Guests.
P.S. - Prime Books has released the trade paperback edition of the anthology, PUNKTOWN: THIRD EYE, which I edited...and which consists of 9 Punktown-based short stories, 8 of which are written by authors other than myself in a shared-universe approach. Good fun.
...self-promotion session, terminated...

Mastadge
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 10:14 am:   

Any idea when Sea of Flesh and Ash and Punktown Special Edition are coming out, or have thye already come out and I've somehow missed them?

Jeffrey
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 07:54 am:   

No, not out yet...and not sure when they will be. I think the PUNKTOWN is going to be soon, though -- from what I hear from Shocklines.com, anyway, so they must have been told something. I was shown a cover design about a week ago, and asked for an author photo, so...???

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration