Readercon Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » Readercon « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 12:40 pm:   

I'll be attending the 15th annual Readercon at the Burlington Marriott, Burlington Massachusetts, July 11-13. Besides tending the Night Shade Books/Ministry of Whimsy table in the dealer's room, Friday night at 9:00 I'll be participating in a panel reading from Night Shade's forthcoming book THE THACKERY T. LAMBSHEAD POCKET GUIDE TO ECCENTRIC AND DISCREDITED DISEASES. Others reading with me include Dr. Paul Di Flippo, Dr. Michael Cisco, Dr. Robert Freeman Wexler, and Dr. Stepan Chapman (should he be released from the Eastborough State Hospital for Extradimensional Afflictions). John Klima will MC. And on Saturday at 1:30PM I'll be doing a thirty minute reading from my Prime novel, MONSTROCITY. Hope to see you there. Yeah, YOU.
http://www.readercon.org
P.S. - At our dealer's table there'll be an advance reviewer's copy of the "Disease Guide" to check out! But it's mine, mine, MINE!

John Klima
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 08:05 am:   

Jeffrey:

It was a real pleasure meeting you and Rose this weekend at Readercon.

JK

Jeffrey
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 05:00 am:   

It was great meeting you too, John - thanks for MC-ing the THACKERY T. LAMBSHEAD POCKET GUIDE TO ECCENTRIC AND DISCREDITED DISEASES panel reading, which was great fun, like last year. It was wonderful seeing "old" friends and meeting new ones like yourself and Robert Freeman Wexler, Gene O'Neill and Prime publisher Sean Wallace (whom I hadn't previously met in person) at the con. I'm sorry that Readercon is going to skip next year (it will resume in 2005, at least).

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 06:14 am:   

It's skipping next year because of Worldcon, I presume?

JK

Ben O
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 12:42 pm:   

Jeffrey,

It was great seeing you again!

That quote I was trying to remember goes like so:
To talk of diseases is a sort of Arabian Nights entertainment. -- William Osler

It's a perfect quote for the LAMBSHEAD. Speaking of which, I really enjoyed the panel reading. My only regret of the weekend was that I wasn't able to make off with the LAMBSHEAD ARC - you were too quick for me! :-)

Ben

Jeffrey
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 07:09 pm:   

Hey, SquidBob! Yeah, I had to keep an eye out for your wily tentacles, re: the disease guide ARC. I had one dealer almost begging me to sell it to him! Yes, that IS a great quote!!! Perfect. Thanks for buying the most books of any individual at our table! You're a great supporter and it's appreciated.

Yup, John, that's the Worldcon causing Readercon to skip a year; they feel the closeness of the cons temporally and spatially will dissuade people from attending both.

I forgot to add Mike Simanoff in there, of the people I had the pleasure to meet in person for the first time. I'm sure I'm forgetting others!

SquidBrain Squareknickers
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 05:06 am:   

SquidBEN, I mean. Jeesh!!! Sorry about that.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration