HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

BLUE WAR

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » BLUE WAR « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 06:55 am:   

I'm proud to be able to announce my novel BLUE WAR, to be published by Solaris Books in 2008. BLUE WAR follows the protagonist of my novel DEADSTOCK, Jeremy Stake, a private investigator whose latest assignment takes him from the streets of Punktown to a world in another dimension, where he fought as a soldier a decade earlier. Here is a description from the official Solaris Books press release:

Blue War, the second Solaris novel from the critically acclaimed Jeffrey Thomas, is an incredible SF thriller starring shape-changing future detective Jeremy Stake.

A jungle of blue vegetation, on another world, in another dimension. Here, Earth’s Colonial Forces once battled against the blue-skinned Ha Jiin people, a war in which Jeremy Stake took part. Now, a hard-won peace is about to crumble as the work of a biotech corporation goes disastrously wrong. An attempt to grow an apartment village from an organic material has led to the Earth colony of Punktown being replicated at an astonishing rate, ruining farms and displacing locals. More strangely, three clones are found in this bizarre organic copy of the city, clones that the city itself has regenerated from long dead remains. Stake is employed to solve these mysteries, and in the depths of the blue jungle he discovers a sinister operation that defies belief. Up against the military, Ha Jiin gangsters, and ultimately his own government, Stake is pushed to the limits to avoid, at all costs, another war from breaking out.

Jeffrey’s first Solaris novel, Deadstock, was chosen as Waterstone’s SF and Fantasy ‘Bookseller’s Choice’ for March 2007. Celebrated SF artist, Stephan Martiniere has been commissioned for the cover of Blue War.

Solaris Assistant Editor Mark Newton said, “The critical reception for Deadstock was wonderful, and we’re delighted to see Jeffrey climb the ranks of SF Greats. Blue War will be, without a doubt, something for everyone to look out for.”

Blue War will be published by Solaris in March 2008.

Praise for Deadstock

“This is that rare animal, a thriller that keeps the reader guessing. Thomas's control of pacing and plot is expert… Deadstock is a gripping page-turner written with verve and intelligence.”
– The Guardian

“For a wild ride, readers will be hard-pressed to find a better vehicle than Thomas’s bizarre multiverse.”
– Publishers Weekly Starred Review

You can read the full press release at the Solaris Books web site, here:
http://solarisbooks.com/press-releases/press-release9.asp

Needless to say, I'm very proud and excited to announce this news!

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   

The first review for my very-soon-to-be-released novel BLUE WAR has come in, and it's a nice one indeed. Marlene Satter at ForeWord Magazine writes: "Thomas’s writing is smooth and swift, yet poetic, with a noir feel at times that enhances the darkest parts of his story...Blue War is as multilayered as Bluetown itself, and utterly fascinating." You can read the entire review here:
http://www.forewordmagazine.com/reviews/viewreviews.aspx?reviewid=4084&rssref=20 071220

Punktowner
Username: Punktowner

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 11:53 am:   

I’ve done an interview for the cool web site THE GROOVY AGE OF HORROR; Curt Purcell asked some very in depth, challenging questions about my inspirations, the Lovecraftian element in a lot of my Punktown fiction, what fascinating books I’ve been reading lately, and so on. Says Curt:

I’ve had a total blast delving into the Cthulhish cybernoir Punktown novels and stories of Jeffrey Thomas! … He was kind enough to agree to an interview, and really worked hard to deliver interesting, honest, detailed answers to my questions.

Please have a look at the interview, here:

http://groovyageofhorror.blogspot.com/2008/04/interview-with-jeffrey-thomas.html

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |