Ugly Heaven, Beautiful Hell Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » Ugly Heaven, Beautiful Hell « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 06:42 am:   

I'd like to announce that UGLY HEAVEN, BEAUTIFUL HELL has gone up for order. This book, released from Delirium Books, consists of two novellas that both portray a bizarre afterlife: Carlton Mellick III's "Ugly Heaven" and my own "Beautiful Hell." Here is a description:

"UGLY HEAVEN
At one point in time, Heaven was a paradise. It was a blissful utopia full of wonders far beyond human comprehension. But that was a long, long time ago. The afterlife is now in ruins. It has become an ugly, lonely wasteland populated by strange monstrous beasts, masturbating angels, and sad man-like beings wallowing in the remains of the once-great Kingdom of God. As two recently departed souls arrive in Heaven, they discover their eternal home is not one of divine peace but of nightmarish ugliness. So they go on a quest to explore this dead alien landscape, desperately seeking answers, allies, and some sort of place they can forever call home.

BEAUTIFUL HELL
A writer named Frank Lyre finds himself damned to an afterlife where Demons and Angels are equally sadistic and conflicted, where torturers become seducers, where Jesus likes to sit for a pleasant chat and God is not only going through monstrous changes to His body, but a personal crisis that might forever change His vision of creation. BEAUTIFUL HELL is a sequel of sorts to Jeffrey Thomas' acclaimed novel LETTERS FROM HADES, but stands on its own as a harrowing study of damnation and regeneration, physical passion and emotional pain, faith and rebellion, and the conflict between the spirit and the flesh."

To order this book and have a glimpse of what awaits you after you shed your mortal shell, go to this link:

https://www.deliriumbooks.com/catalog/product.php?productid=32&cat=0&page=1&feat ured

There's still time to save your soul! Read UGLY HEAVEN, BEAUTIFUL HELL, sinner!

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 12:57 am:   

Iím excited to announce that the other day I received my copies of UGLY HEAVEN/BEAUTIFUL HELL, published by Delirium Books (via their Corrosion imprint). Both trade paperback and limited edition (150 copies) hardcover are absolutely gorgeous.

You can order the paperback here:

https://www.horror-mall.com/store/product.php?productid=16748&cat=0&page=1

And the hardcover is here:

http://shocklines.stores.yahoo.net/ughebehebjet.html

I think your brain will burst like a balloon after you read this book, with an overload of super-horrific, super-sexy, mind-f***ing psychedelic theology.

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 11:58 pm:   

There's a review of UGLY HEAVEN, BEAUTIFUL HELL up at writer Don D'Ammassa's site, Critical Mass. (And Don does a great job with these reviews; they're concise but give you just enough idea of the plot and his reaction to the book in question.) I didn't notice this review at first because in the index of Horror titles it's listed under Carlton Mellick III (which is fine; he's the coauthor!) and SCOTT Thomas (which isn't fine because Scott's my brother -- oh well, close enough!). You can read the review of UHBH here:
http://www.dondammassa.com/r3.htm#Ugly_Heaven

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration