GODHEAD DYING DOWNWARDS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » GODHEAD DYING DOWNWARDS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 09:07 am:   

GDD is now shipping. I look forward to reading it.

Jeffrey
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 10:49 am:   

I'm flattered you're interested in it! Yep, Paul Miller of Earthling Publications (by the way, their Brian Hopkins novella EL DIA DE LOS MUERTOS just tied with Ligotti for the Stoker, long fiction) brought the softcover version of GODHEAD DYING DOWNWARDS to my house Tuesday (he lives one town over) and it looks BEAUTIFUL! The cover art by Richard Kirk (he did interiors for Clive Barker's IMAJICA) is incredible in its detail, and I now own the original of the spot art for the signature sheet. I'll soon own the cover art for the additional chapbook which is included in the boxed version. (I think I'll have them matted within one frame.) (By the way, I love parentheses.)

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 01:18 pm:   

I guess this takes place before The Red Spectacles, and tells about the events referenced in that story?

Jeffrey
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 03:11 pm:   

GODHEAD takes place after the short story THE RED SPECTACLES, actually...but it still gets more into detail about what transpired prior to RED SPECTACLES (which appears in my collection AAAIIIEEE!!!).

Mastadge
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 07:13 am:   

How long is GODHEAD?

Jeffrey
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 09:10 am:   

The novella is roughly 15,200 words (chapbook is 40 pages).

Stepan Chapman
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 09:25 pm:   

This has nothing to do with GDD. It's a personal request to Jeffrey.

Asimov's reviewed Common Ectoids?!!! Holy shit!!! No one told me!!! You'd think I'd be notified.

Weirder still, I never sent them the chapbook. I sent them Dossier, which came out at the same time, but that, they never reviewed.

Jeffrey, old pal, old buddy, would you photocopy that review for me? Cause I'm not subscribed to Asimov's right now. (Obviously.)

Jeffrey
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 11:54 am:   

Hi, Stepan! You got it - I'll bring it to work with me to photocopy tonight. It was the April 2003 issue of ASIMOV'S (I picked it up because it had a great review of my collection AAAIIIEEE!!! and LEVIATHAN 3, too), and I think Paul Di Filippo must have acquired COMMON ECTOIDS OF ARIZONA at our Ministry of Whimsy dealer's table at Readercon last year. I'll mail the copy to you asap. :-) Quite a nice review (of course)! (I'll copy the LEVIATHAN 3 review, too, though you may have already seen that reproduced elsewhere.)

Bill B.
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 06:44 am:   

GDD: Got it, read it, loved it! My only quibble is that it seems like the last we'll hear of Father Venn, who looked like becoming one of the great occult detectives of weird fiction. I hope you will bring him back for more episodes!

Mastadge
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 07:25 am:   

I feel the same way. I'd love to see more of Father Venn. . .maybe a couple of earlier stories?

Jeffrey
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 12:39 pm:   

D'oh! Maybe I WILL have to bring him back, huh? As you suggest, in earlier adventures, like THE RED SPECTACLES from AAAIIIEEE!!! It hadn't occurred to me to make him an on-going character...but I have heard from several other people who also would have liked to see more stories concerning him...

Thanks, guys. You've given me food for thought.

JET
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:22 pm:   

The lettered, traycased edition of GODHEAD DYING DOWNWARDS was brought over to my house today by Earthling Publications' Paul Miller - and it is a treasure, indeed. Satiny black finish to the traycase box. Gorgeous hardcover of my novella with dustjacket and beautiful marbled end papers. A bonus chapbook of my Father Venn story THE RED SPECTACLES with stunning cover art by Richard Kirk, who also did the cover for the novella. Sigh! It's just exquisite. Paul's attention to the smallest detail - his commitment to quality - really shows. Don't know why I'm telling anyone this, though - all 15 copies have already sold (at $150 each). :-)

Paul Miller
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 09:01 am:   

Hi Jeff and everyone-
I just read Jeff's last post re: GDD (thanks for the kind words!) - and there ARE a few lettered editions still left, I'm guessing two or three. Just wanted to set the record straight for anyone who may be interested.
Thanks,
Paul Miller
Earthling Publications
www.earthlingpub.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration