New NEWS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » New NEWS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 02:13 pm:   

This is from my email newsletter:

I’m a very lucky book lover. A huge new independent bookstore, TATNUCK BOOKSELLERS, has just opened in my very own home town of Westborough, Massachusetts. On January 29th, a Saturday, from 2PM on, I’ll be signing copies of my new SF/horror novel EVERYBODY SCREAM! in its trade paperback incarnation. Mark it on your brand new 2005 calendar. Now don’t leave me sitting there alone, sniffling – come see me, and bring all your friends! Read more about this event here: http://www.tatnuck.com

Brother Scott and I once took Jeff VanderMeer to dinner in the Worcester, MA branch of Tatnuck Bookseller -- a very nice time in a very cool store!

Jeffrey
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 11:42 am:   

2006 is off to a great start. January has seen the release of three of my collections:

PUNKTOWN: SHADES OF GREY (coauthored with Scott Thomas) from Bedlam Press, THIRTEEN SPECIMENS from Delirium Books, and UNHOLY DIMENSIONS -- a collection of nearly all my short Lovecraftian work -- from Mythos Books. (Plus, the deluxe 26-copy lettered edition of THIRTEEN SPECIMENS.)

THIRTEEN SPECIMENS was a limited edition of 150 signed hardcovers and it sold out within hours of being announced, but it may have a more accessible incarnation down the road -- watch this space. ;-)

JT
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 04:17 am:   

My Punktown novel HEALTH AGENT has been accepted by Raw Dog Screaming Press, who published my earlier Punktown novel EVERYBODY SCREAM!. This book was finished in 1989 but languished as a handwritten manuscript until my sister-in-law recently typed it up! It involves a Health Agency investigator in the dystopian future city of Punktown, on the trail of a mysterious artist who uses biological terrorism as an art form.

Hardcover and special limited edition both slated for 2007, trade paperback slated for 2008.

Jeff...
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 02:33 pm:   

A decapitated head's up:

There's a new interview with me to promote my novel A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: THE DREAM DEALERS. A very comprehensive ELM STREET site -- the best I've seen. I was pleased that they approached me. Here's the link:

http://nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com/nightmareinterviewsjeffthomas.html

Yeah, the type is small, but...enjoy!

...rey
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 02:36 pm:   

Joe Morey of Dark Regions Press is doing my brother Scott's collection OVER THE DARKENING FIELDS, and has wanted to do a book with me for some time, so recently I put together 104,000 words worth of short stories in something called DOOMSDAYS (largely because at least three of the longer pieces have an apocalyptic theme). This collection contains all my remaining available short fiction (except for Punktown and Hades fiction) -- any other old stories of mine to be reprinted in the future will need to be retyped or scanned, since they were created on outmoded WPs. Ack!

Anyway, Dark Regions accepted DOOMSDAYS the next day after I submitted it. Shweet!

Here are the contents in their present order, and giving their initial appearances:

Out of the Blue is original to this collection
Blue Sphinxes is original to this collection
Harsh Light is original to this collection
Insides Out is original to this collection
Ouroborus first appeared in the limited edition of “Aaaiiieee!!!”, Delirium Books, 2004
Post #153 first appeared in the anthology “Octoberland”, Flesh and Blood Press, 2002
Apples and Oranges first appeared in the anthology “In Delirium”, Delirium Books, 2005
Praying That You Feel Better Soon first appeared in the anthology “Frontiers of Terror”, Marietta Publishing, 2002
The Arms of the Sun first appeared in the anthology “Dark Homage: Lovecraft”, Delirium Books, 2004
Twenty-five Cents first appeared in the publication “Underworlds”, 2004
A Naming of Puppets first appeared in the book “A Puppet Show For No One”, Delirium Books, 2004, in an edition of 26 traycased copies
Gasp first appeared in the publication “Cemetery Dance”, 2003
The Call of the Worms first appeared in the anthology “Sick”, Raw Dog Screaming Press, 2003
Working Stiffs first appeared in the anthology “The Dead Inn”, Delirium Books, 2001
The Friend of the Children first appeared in the publication “Bare Bone”, 2003
The Tripod first appeared in the publication “Terror Tales” numbers 2-3, 2004-2005
300,000 Moments of Pain first appeared in the publication “Redsine”, 2002
The Fork first appeared in the anthology “Leviathan Three”, Ministry of Whimsy Press, 2002
The Green Spider first appeared in the anthology “Strangewood Tales”, Eraserhead Press, 2001
Flesh Wound first appeared in an electronic edition of the publication “Redsine”, 2001
Elephants Weep first appeared in the anthology “Whispers and Shadows”, Prime, 2001
The Schism first appeared in the anthology “Warfear”, Marietta Publishing, 2002

At 22 stories, this might be my meatiest book yet (I don't know the word count UNHOLY DIMENSIONS, with its 27 stories, clocked in at).

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration