Honey is Sweeter Than Blood Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » Honey is Sweeter Than Blood « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey
Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 05:56 am:   

Delirium Books has just released my collection of erotic horror, HONEY IS SWEETER THAN BLOOD (title from a painting by Salvador Dali, though the cover is by the similarly brilliant Alan Clark). I endeavored to take an offbeat approach to "erotic horror", avoiding the masked psychos stalking college girls and the cannibal hillbillies chainsawing lost female tourists. The titles of my eight stories are as follows:

HONEY IS SWEETER THAN BLOOD
(A guy obsessed with amputation. But at least he's not a hillbilly.)

A PUPPET SHOW FOR NO ONE
(Puppets made from trash enact the legend of Tristan and Isolde. And get it on.)

CLOUDS AND RAIN
(Gay Chinese gangsters.)

IMPRESSIONS
(A young girl in love with a tree.)

SCORPION FACE
(Um, can't explain it. A guy with a scorpion face.)

CAN YOU PASS STROTHER'S LOVE TEST?
(Nowadays, all the young girls are drooling over old grizzled movie stars like Strother Martin and the latest "grandbabe", Buck Druthers.)

DAMASK
(A performance artist uses fetuses as her medium. A novelette.)

AFTERWORD: MY SEXUAL EXPLOITS
(A true account of my own erotic encounters. Or, somewhat true.)

Mastadge
Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 06:18 am:   

Great . . . but I don't remember whether or not I'd already ordered copies of this and Scott's book. :-(

Well, if no one e-mails me telling me that my copies are in within a couple weeks, I guess I'll assume I haven't.

Jeffrey
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 08:10 am:   

Ha! I have that problem too, sometimes, when I preorder books -- can't always recall if I did pre-order them and from whom. I should keep a handy list!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration