HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

VOICES FROM PUNKTOWN

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Thomas, Jeffrey » VOICES FROM PUNKTOWN « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Punktowner
Username: Punktowner

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 02:31 am:   

My latest collection of "Punktown" stories, VOICES FROM PUNKTOWN, has just been released. Here's what I had to say about it at my blog:

"A few days ago I received the first copies (trade paperback edition) of my new Punktown collection, VOICES FROM PUNKTOWN. As are all books produced by Dark Regions Press ó and designed by Dave Barnett ó itís a really lovely item. Travis Anthony Soumis does the striking cover art, as he has done for other of my books like VOICES FROM HADES, the limited hardcover edition of of AAAIIIEEE!!! and PUNKTOWNL SHADES OF GREY, and with its strange mask-like face suspended against a cityscape background, it nicely echoes the late, great H. E. Fasslís brilliant cover art for the first PUNKTOWN collection. The interior design is really sharp and crisp, and I like the swirly inky designs that serve as a background for the text on the back cover. This is a particularly dark, horrific batch of Punktown stories, with the last few including THE DANCE OF UGGHIUTU (Ugghiutu being the Lovecraftian entity at the heart of my novel MONSTROCITY), BEHIND THE MASQUE (in which Edgar Alan Poe is a character!), FORGE PARK, which involves Richard W. Chambersí ďThe King in Yellow,Ē and the Cthulhu Mythos meets Punktown novella, THE BONES OF THE OLD ONES. Not that there arenít stories of another flavor, too. An original to the collection is JOHNNY PHARAOH, my first (very darkly) comic Punktown story, about a fearsome gangster whose recorded memories accidentally get implanted into the clone of a rich businessman. VOICES FROM PUNKTOWN can be ordered from such places as Camelot Books, The Overlook Connection, the publisher Dark Regions of course, and here at the Horror Mall: https://www.horror-mall.com/VOICES-FROM-PUNKTOWN-by-Jeffrey-Thomas-p-18447.html"

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |