Black Man vs Thirteen Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Morgan, Richard » Black Man vs Thirteen « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Bohmueller
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 08:59 am:   

Just wondering if there is any difference between the American and British version of your next novel. Or are American market forces at work in euphemising your preferred title choice?

Always eager to catch your next novel as early as possible...even if I have to have it sent air mail overseas!

Brian
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard morgan
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 06:56 am:   

Aside from the title change, and the usual Americanising of spelling and vocabulary (sidewalk-pavement, that kind of thing), the two editions should be identical. Given the very short gap in publishing schedules (May in the UK, June in the US), you're probably as well waiting for the US edition - though you will miss out on an absolutely kick ass cover (see Amazon uk for a preview) which, due to title change, the US edition won't have (though I'm also very fond of what Del Rey have done with the thirteen conceit.)

Don't think it was market forces that provoked the title change, though - these were decidedly cultural issues at work, I suspect.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration