HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Audio Books

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Morgan, Richard » Audio Books « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jarrod Elliott
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 04:55 pm:   

Hi all, I am a self professed super slow reader. I also have very little time (and 2 kids) so this makes successfully reading novels quite rare. I do however have a very long drive into work each day, so audio books have made it possible to get through a bunch of books i never would have. recently I have read/listened to AC, BA and am almost through WF. I am loving it, the narrator adds so much more emotion to what i would get through reading and also sucks you in, i have found an number of times that i have stayed in the car still listening while in the car park at work!

The only problem is that there aren't that many books that make it to audio in unabridged form. I'd like to here from you guys, do you/have you listened to any audio books. Have you got any good titles that i could get stuck into once i finish WF? Also, Richard, what do you think about the audio books of your novels, what input do you get as to the narrator and how he reads it.

p.s. William Dufris (narrator for WF) pronounces Kovacs wrong :-(

richard morgan
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 07:00 am:   

"i have found an number of times that i have stayed in the car still listening while in the car park at work! "

Excellent - that's got to be the audiobook equivalent of the "you'll be up all night finishing this one" comment we authors always hope for on print editions. Thanks!

As to further recommendations, I'm afraid I'm really not well enough versed in the audiobook world to help there. Suggestions anyone?

Jarrod Elliott
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 11:51 pm:   

Finally up-to-date with your books finishing Black Man (thirteen for the audiobook) and was quite pleased to here the lilting tones of a British accent as the opening words came into my ears. Loved it! I just have to say you have some fucked up characters. I thought they were great! I have always had a soft spot for fundamentally flawed characters. Now the next task is to actually READ them. I will need a long holiday and a nice lounge.

Richard
Username: Richard

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 09:49 am:   

Hey, Jarrod, it's cool. Your kids will grow up, you'll retire - bingo, there's your free time. Meantime, the books aren't going anywhere. They'll wait for you.

Thanks for all the kind words on Black Man - especially since response has been so mixed! Good to hear from those who "got it".

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |