You´re cruel Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Morgan, Richard » You´re cruel « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Javier Bernedo López
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 12:39 pm:   

What have we done to you?

After reading the SHORT sample of Black Man, How can I wait now until may?

Eso no se hace, Richard. Niño malo.

N Khan
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 09:23 pm:   

Huh, where can I find this short sample?

Cheers

Javier Bernedo López
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 06:19 am:   

http://www.richardkmorgan.com/

N Khan
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 03:47 pm:   

Ah, many thanks Javier. And I'd agree, how could you leave us salivating like this Mr. Morgan, you fiend you.

richard morgan
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 07:05 am:   

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahhhhhhh.........coughs maniacally before pushing the doomsday button that destroys the world.....

(actually, the coughing's for real - I managed to catch flu in the Dominican Republic and it's proving a real fucker to shake. And we got home to find our boiler bust and the house at outside temperatures (which in Glasgow in January is Not Good))

Look, not long to wait now guys - and there'll be a lot of it when it comes - I accidentally wrote a very long book, it seems. Didn't feel like it at the time.

richard morgan
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 09:46 am:   

Ugh - that's fucking horrible, Steph. I love it! I'm in. How much longer before you finish TMW?

richard morgan
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 10:14 am:   

Sorry, I should clarify that - how long before it's tidied and galleyed, and I can cadge a copy off Simon?

(If you want the whole of Black Man - and thank you for the kind words -, ARCs just came out and Simon should have a couple spare).

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 03:04 pm:   

Richard, You should come out to beautiful, lovely, sunny California, preferably San Francisco, in order to warm up.

Actually, scratch that last bit. It's cold and rainy here. But you should still come back to my fair city (preferably when I'm in it). Any chance you will be touring for Black Man in the states?

richard morgan
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 03:50 am:   

Will do, Jeremy. I dropped in on my publishers in New York last week, on my way back from the Dominican Republic, and they tell me they want to tour me behind Black Man (ahem, Thirteen) so that'll be this summer or autumn - and San Francisco is a definite stop. I love that city.

Steph Swainston
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 02:01 pm:   

Richard, the proofs of THE MODERN WORLD are ready and I have asked Jon to send you one. And I've cajoled him for a proof of TBM of course.

Your post reminds me of a line from the film 'Hardware': 'It's horrible, I love it, what is it?'

I moved the original post because it gave a lot away, so here is the link again to the first part of the opening chapter of THE MODERN WORLD, the third Castle book:

http://www.stephswainston.co.uk/the_books

Cheers!

richard morgan
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 05:13 pm:   

Ah - Hardware; what a fine, underrated piece of pulp SF movie making that was. Iggy Pop, Lemmy, ripped-off Terminator imagery, colossally corrosive cynicism and noir-level scumduggery....what more could you ask? And all shot on a sub-zero budget in Camden roundhouse (well, and the Namibian desert, a bit)

Now I think I'm going to have to see if I can track it down on DVD.

Will Hindmarch
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 07:35 am:   

If you're touring for Thirteen Black Men (or anything else you might like to call it), please don't neglect us in the New South. Come by Atlanta, where we have plenty of fine book stores and can get you plenty drunk on fine whiskey to boot.

William Lexner
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 10:45 am:   

Boston!

Since we're talking about tour stops. I don't regret taking a train down to NYC to see you last time, Richard, but closer to home would be appreciated.

And Is Black Man/Thirteen being picked up by Easton Press?

richard morgan
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 07:05 am:   

I'll pass these requests on to my New York publicity gang - both are cities I'd love to spend some time in (although doing bookshop gigs you rarely get see more of anywhere than a local Barnes & Noble or two, an airport, a hotel, and the asphalt in-between.

Incidentally, Will, I was in Atlanta very very briefly back before Xmas - Delta flight to the Dominican Republic with a stopover at the Atlanta hub. We stayed overnight out at the airport , so saw nothing of significance EXCEPT a seafood restaurant called Spondivits - apparently it's a local chain. Man, that was some superb seafood you've got down there. Plus my wife got carded because they say she looked under twenty one - made her night. The margaritas, when we finally managed to weedle them past a lack of ID, were also kick-ass fine. So yeah - any excuse to go back :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration