Broken Angel tour? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Morgan, Richard » Broken Angel tour? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 12:08 pm:   

I just read you were going to be signing at Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego? Does this mean you are being sent on tour? Any chance you are stopping off in San Francisco?

Please advise,

-Jeremy

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 12:48 pm:   

Wherever he's going to be, we get to come and throw cheese and onion crisps and pints of ale in a couple of weeks at Borders. Be afraid, Mr. Morgan....

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 12:54 pm:   

Sorry, I just answered my own question by popping over the Locus online site.

Looks like you are lined up In San Francisco at The Booksmith for an evening signing. If you have any interest in doing a non-publicized drop in/daytime signing at the specialty store I work at (www.borderlandsbooks.com) please let me know via email, and I will try and set it up. You’re a big seller at Borderlands, and a staff favorite -- we'd love to have you, even for a quickie drive by.

I'm sure you will be well taken care by your driver, and The Booksmith, but if you need anything while you are in my fair city, let me know.

Best,
Jeremy

richard
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 01:32 pm:   

Hi guys - yes, I'm still fumbling around with details, but both a US/Broken Angels and a UK/Market Forces tour are now on. I'll be getting full details up on my website asap - have in fact just mailed them off to my webmistress.

Jeremy - thanks for the offer, man, I'm touched - you can certainly show me a bar or two if you like and if my schedule is loose enough. And yes indeed, it certainly is a fair city - one of my favourites in the world. Looking forward to seeing it again

Jay - thanks also for the offer - smokey bacon from preference, tho' See you there!

James
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:54 pm:   

Enjoyed the signing in York tonight. Felt that the conversation could have gone on much longer, especially if fuelled by a couple of beers.

And i've got a new book to read. :-]

James

richard
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 06:19 am:   

Yeah, it was nice to have a small group like that - I think everyone was pretty relaxed as a result,and it's always more fun talking *to* people rather than *at* them.

You should have mentioned beers - I was at a loose end for the rest of the evening, all I did was wander around the centre and finally grab an early night. Nice town you've got there, btw.

James
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 08:11 am:   

It's pretty cool - Leeds or Newcastle are close if you feel the need to be really urban, while the Dales and Moors are just as close if you want to disappear "to be one with nature" or whatever.

Beers next time you are in town then?

richard
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 06:37 pm:   

Well, Jack Daniels on ice anyway, yeah... :-)

ellen
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 09:15 am:   

Richard will be reading with Andy Duncan at the FANTASTIC FICTION at KGB reading series, hosted by me and Gavin J. Grant this week in NYC:
Wednesday March 17th at 7pm at
KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (just off 2nd Ave, upstairs.)
http://www.lcrw.net/kgb
Subscribe to our mailing list:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kgbfantasticfiction/join
Readings are free
Forward to friends at your own discretion.

meu
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 01:48 pm:   

Howdy, I live in SF and a mere couple blocks away from Booksmith, unfortunately I'll be out till around 9.30 in the East Bay tonight!

Just wondering if any other Northern California appearances are going on?

--
Michael

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration